- Current and future market trends across Western Europe
- Recent new product launches
- The latest developments in ingredients for yoghurt & chilled
- Analysis of the competitive landscape
- An overview of the main players by product category and country, with an analysis of structure of supply across Europe.
Helping you to be aware of the competitive landscape by each end market and to find out about the main players in yoghurt and chilled dairy desserts by country.
Discover how indulgence, health and convenience are driving the European market for yoghurts and chilled dairy desserts. Within this 5 million tonnes market, worth EUR3.6 billion, drinking yoghurts are demonstrating the strongest value growth at 17% per annum. Meanwhile, changing consumer requirements are leading manufacturers to examine new flavour combinations and the use of healthy ingredients. Amongst the 370 recent significant launches retrieved across Western Europe in the last 24 months, guilt free indulgence products accounted for a third. The report features current and future market trends across Western Europe (covering Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and the UK), with a particular emphasis on recent new product activity. It also includes the latest developments in ingredient manufacture and analyses the competitive landscape.
- Drinking Yoghurts
- Fromage Frais
- Other Chilled Dairy Desserts
PRODUCT INNOVATIONS AND INGREDIENTS TECHNOLOGIES
Over 370 listed new launches, broken down by key consumer trends and by region.
Reviews of latest ingredients and flavour technologies, which include:
- Healthy ingredients
- Emulsifiers, stabilisers, texturisers
- Flavours and inclusions such as fruit
- Potential future developments
Helping you to identify the most popular flavours, combination of flavours and healthy ingredients and to keep up to date on development in technology for potential niche products.
2000 - 2004 MARKET TRENDS
Historic volume and value data from 2000, 2004 estimates and annual growth rate by each end market and country.
23 tables including:
- Trends in the European Yoghurt market
- Trends in the European Fromage Frais market
- Trends in the European Chilled Dairy Desserts Market
- Trends in the Belgium Yoghurt Market
- Trends in the French Fromage Frais Market
- Trends in the Spanish Chilled Dairy Desserts Market
Helping you to assess the extent of similarities and differences across national boundaries for a better understanding of consumer’s purchasing behaviour.
Identifying the future prospects by country and each end market.
Over 10 tables including:
- Future Prospects in the European Yoghurt Market
- Future Prospects in the European Fromage Frais Market
- Future Prospects in the European Chilled Dairy Dessert Market
- Future Prospects in the German Yoghurt Market
- Future Prospects in the Dutch Fromage Frais Market
- Future Prospects in the UK Fromage Frais Market
- Future Prospects in the Italian Chilled Dairy Dessert Market
Helping you to track at a glance the opportunities and risks in the different countries for market entry and/ or mode of operation.
- A 5 million tonnes market worth EUR3.6 billion
- The Netherlands paves the way in yoghurt and chilled dairy
desserts consumption at 25.3kg per capita whilst Italy trails
behind at 5.7kg
- Strongest value growth is in the drinking yoghurt sector at 17%
- A third of innovations are guilt-free indulgence products