- Language: English
- 864 Pages
- Published: October 2012
- Region: Global
Quarterly Performance Analysis of Companies (AMJ 07)
- Published: August 2007
- Region: Asia, India
- 711 Pages
- Cygnus Research
As per the revised estimates, Indian economy (GDP) grew at 9.4% during 2006-07, indicating robust growth for the fourth successive year. India’s real GDP growth during JFM 2007 is placed at 9.1% as against 10% in JFM 2006. For the quarter ended June 2007, Indian rupee saw a hike owing to better than expected performance of the economy coupled with deterioration in the major economies worldwide. Rupee gained 1.31% against the US dollar, 2.51% against Euro and 4.45% against Yen.
The report has considered the performance of 500 companies spread across 25 sectors, 15 in manufacturing and 10 in services to analyse the performance of the industry,. A summary analysis shows that while sales growth in AMJ 07 is marginally less than JFM 07, PAT growth was maintained due to better cost management in the industry.
Quarterly Performance Analysis of Companies provides the updates on the Industry performance in the quarter. It brings out the 360-degree analysis i.e. economy, business and financial analysis of the industry following the E-I-C framework. It analyses the economy and industry trends in the quarter and makes a comparative analysis of the quarter against the quarter of the previous year. It also presents the outlook of the sector.
You will find the comparative analysis of the major 10-12 listed companies except in Healthcare, Retail and Telecom in detail on the parameters like operational performance (net sales, PBDIT, operating profit margin), financial performance (profit after tax PAT, EPS, Interest cost) and share market performance. Also the company analysis of the major players in question has been provided along with the projections for the coming quarters, year as a whole and the next year with the Industry aggregate.
The methodology for company is based on:
1. Recent company annual report – Chairman’s statement and MD
2. Understanding companies, product, services, business segments, exports
3. Recent Quarterly growth rate
4. Analysis of growth rate of last 8 quarters
5. Press release and news items for capturing any stark deviation in quarterly performance YoY or across industry value chain
6. Understanding Industry and economic trends a. Demand b. Supply prices c. Technology d. Regulation e. M&A
7. Recent strategies and initiatives in terms of: a. Product launches b. Capacity addition
8. Making revenue projection for quarters for segments 9. Validating with aggregate figures for comparison.
*500 Companies mentioned SHOW LESS READ MORE >
I. INDIAN ECONOMY
1. Agro Processed Food
3. Auto components
6. Consumer Durable
9. Gems & Jewellery
10. IT Hardware
11. Oil & Gas
2. Construction & Infrastructure
4. Hotel & Tourism
5. IT Enabled Services
6. Life Insurance
8. Media & Entertainment
10. Software Product & Services