- Published: April 2014
- Region: Global
2007 Worldwide Medical Equipment & Supplies Mfanufacturing Industry Report
- Published: January 2007
- 104 pages
- Barnes Reports
The Medical Equipment & Supplies Mfg. Industry report features 2007 current and 2008 forecast estimates on the size of the industry (sales, establishments, employment) for the 47 largest world countries. The report also includes industry definition, 5-year historical trends on industry sales, establishments and employment and estimates on up to 10 sub-industries, diagnostic equipment, ophthalmic equipment, catheters, and biopsy equipment.
NAICS 33911: Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing medical equipment and supplies. Examples of products made by these establishments are laboratory apparatus and furniture, surgical and medical instruments, surgical appliances and supplies, dental equipment and supplies, orthodontic goods, dentures, and orthodontic appliances.
- Surgical Instruments
- Measuring & Controlling Devices
- Dental Equipment
- Medical Instruments
- Surgical and medical instruments
- Rifles, for propelling hypodermics into animals
- Ophthalmic instruments and apparatus
- Surgical instruments and apparatus
- Muscle exercise apparatus, ophthalmic
- Anesthesia apparatus
- Ophthalmic lasers
- Slit lamps (ophthalmic goods)
- Diagnostic apparatus, medical
- Clamps, surgical
- Biopsy instruments and equipment
- Fixation appliances, internal
- Blood pressure apparatus
- Holders, surgical needle
- Corneal microscopes
- Hypodermic needles and syringes
- Eye examining instruments and apparatus
- Inhalators, surgical and medical
- Gastroscopes, except electromedical
- Instruments, microsurgical: except electromedical
- Knives, surgical
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Czech Rep
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Appendix: Definitions & Terms
These reports provide the most current and cost-effective demographic data and market reports for the largest U.S. and World industries. The reports are estimates and forecasts based on our proprietary economic model which provides data that is timely, accurate and cost effective (as compared with more expensive primary research and survey information.)
World Industry Reports
The world reports (and World Industry & Market Outlook) provide estimates of the size and characteristics of the largest industries in the worlds largest countries. These estimates are produced by a proprietary economic model that is based on a number of sources and factors:
1. The size and characteristics of the largest U.S. industries (based on the U.S. Bureau of the Census statistics, inflation rates and industry trends).
2. The relative size and characteristics of other countries (based on GDP, population and per capita income).
3. The proportion of economies based on manufacturing, services, agricultural and resource industries). This data is mostly from the CIA World Factbook and the Economist.
4. Local currency estimates are based on U.S. sales estimates and the most current currency exchange rates.
5. NAICS codes (North American Classification System codes) are used in each industry definition in order to aid report users in clarifying and standardizing the definitions of each industry between different countries.