- Language: English
- 604 Pages
- Published: November 2012
- Region: Global
Analyzing the French Steel Industry
- Published: September 2013
- Region: France
- 60 Pages
- Aruvian's R'search
The steel industry has gone through many phases of development. In the recent past, the issues for the European industry were mainly local in nature, such as elimination of state intervention and restructuring of the industry following the collapse of Communism. Today, the issues are different, with globalization and climate change being the most significant.
European steel producers have always pursued a policy of open markets, so long as the trading conditions are free and fair. This has led to steel being one of the most internationally traded of manufactured products and Europe benefited from a significant trade surplus in steel for many years. Today, price levels in the EU are largely determined by the decisions of steel producers and traders located far away and while the trade balance is still positive in terms of value, it is now increasingly negative in terms of volume.
In value terms, the French market has experienced strong growth rates over the past five years. The French market has benefited from expenditure in the construction industry and the local automobile industry. French companies also succeeded in winning contracts for the production of new trains in countries across Europe, which should also boost demand for steel.
Crude steel dominates the French steel market, accounting for 61.2% of production volumes. Blast furnace iron accounts for the remaining 38.8% of the market.
Aruvian's R'search focuses on this highly lucrative industry, brining you – Analyzing the French Steel Industry. The report is a complete guide to all the recent developments going on in the industry, along with an in-depth analysis on market statistics, market structure, competition in the industry, where the Chinese Steel Industry, an emerging threat to the global steel industry, stands on a global scenario, and much more.
Detailed profiles of major global steel industry players and leading contributors to the French steel industry add a boost to the potential of this report for investors and researchers alike! SHOW LESS READ MORE >
A. Executive Summary
B. Defining the Industry
C. Globalization in the Steel Industry
C.2 Analyzing Global Demand for Steel
C.3 Consolidation in the Global Steel Industry
C.4 Drivers in the Steel Industry
C.4.1 Raw Materials
C.4.4 Operating Costs
C.4.6 Supply and Demand Balance
C.5 Global Steel Companies – Strategies for the Future
C.6 China in the Global Steel Industry
D. Global Industry Contributors
D.1 Arcelor Mittal
D.2 Nippon Steel
D.3 Pohang Iron and Steel Company
E. Introduction to France’s Steel Industry
E.1 Industry Synopsis
E.2 Industry Value & Volume
E.3 Industry Segmentation
E.4 Competition in the Industry
F. France Steel Industry: Future Perspective
G. Leading Industry Contributors
G.2 Corus Group
G.3 Vallourec S.A.
I. Glossary of Terms
Pohang Iron and Steel Company