- Language: English
- 1034 Pages
- Published: November 2012
- Region: Global
Functional and Health-Enhancing Juices: 7 Key Trends
- Published: September 2007
- Region: Global
- 121 Pages
- New Nutrition Business
This new report reveals the massive opportunities for functional and health-enhancing juices, based on a detailed analysis of successful – and unsuccessful – healthy juice brands.
Digestive health: fast-emerging, behind superfruits, as the single most promising trend for the juice industry. In Europe and Japan probiotic and fibre-enhanced juice brands are already successful on a digestive health platform - two companies have quietly built digestive brands with over $50 million in annual sales - and there is clearly massive untapped potential for digestive health juices.
Packaging innovation, brand differentiation and premium pricing: the success of brands like Unilever's Knorr Vie, Hero's Fruit2Day, XanGo and Pom Wonderful shows that packaging innovation has to be central to health-enhancing juice strategy and it enables both super-premium pricing and strong differentiation.
Intrinsic healthfulness: juices with added ingredients for heart health don’t sell on either side of the Atlantic – but ones with a heart health benefit intrinsic to the fruit are blockbuster successes. Brands based on marketing the intrinsic healthfulness of fruit, most notably Innocent, Europe’s biggest and fastest-growing smoothie brand, are earning super-premium prices – 80%-300% more than regular juices – and still growing fast.
Beauty, energy and weight management: a handful of companies are pioneering these new opportunities for profitable growth.
Functional and health-enhancing juices: 7 key trends pinpoints the seven trends that will shape the future of the functional juices market over the next decade, and uses case studies and interviews with key players in the industry to show you how to make these work for you in a practical way.
The report reveals:
The 3 key points that will drive strategy in the functional juices market
The 7 trends that will shape the future of the functional juices market over the next decade
The 15 companies and/or brands that are having a profound effect on the functional juices market
The report will give you:
- An understanding of marketing strategies so you can build successful brands and develop competitive products in the functional juices market
- First-hand insights into the functional juice market’s growth areas, lag areas and drivers of strategy for the next decade
- A clear set of marketing and product development rules and checklists that will reduce your risk of failure
- Practical, sound advice based on in-depth interviews with successful CEOs, brand managers, marketers and product developers in the functional juices market
- A point of reference for your company’s strategies in the functional juices market SHOW LESS READ MORE >
If you want to know which trends and strategies will lead you into failed product launches, weak sales, poor profits and which ones will reduce your risk and enable you – even if you’re the smallest company – to direct your marketing and product development efforts in the most effective way
This unique report is the one you should read.
Supported with concrete examples from a detailed examination of pricing and packaging strategies for brands in Europe, the US and Japan and reviewing their marketing communications and advertising, their choice of ingredients and health benefits, we provide you with a wealth of insights into the functional and health-enhancing juice business, such as:
- how digestive health is fast-emerging, behind superfruits, as the single most-promising trend for the juice industry – and how two companies have quietly built digestive brands with over $50 million in annual sales
- why juices with added ingredients for heart health don’t sell on either side of the Atlantic – but ones with a heart health benefit intrinsic to the fruit are blockbuster successes
- why and how the most successful brands also earn super-premium prices
- why the areas of beauty, energy and weight management all have the potential for profitable growth.
Functional and Health-Enhancing Juices: 7 Key Trends shows what works and what doesn’t using sixteen detailed case studies of success and failure, tables of market data, marketing materials and comparative pricing charts and close-up product illustrations
The 7 Key Trends are:
- Beauty, weight-loss and energy – three untapped opportunities
- Packing innovation earns premium prices
- Naturally healthy fruit earns premium prices
- Superfruit earns premium prices
- Heart health in the U.S. and U.K. – How "naturally healthy" triumphs over added science
- Digestive health – fibre and pro-biotics – the future for fruit juice?
- Free-from and natural lead the way in kids’ fruit juices
As the only company in the world dedicated solely to analysing the global nutrition business – and we’ve been doing nothing else since 1995 – our trends analysis will give you practical insights for creating success – and for reducing the risk of failure – that are second-to-none.