This Strategic Review highlights and focuses upon niche and emerging beverage products.
In its exploration of the niche oxygenated water industry, we focus on three key markets: North America, Europe and Japan.
Oxygenated water has for some years strived to move towards being more of a mainstream offering.
The report explores the history of oxygenated water, from the early pioneers to today's industry players.
A section on market trends addresses market volume evolution and briefly discusses issues such as distribution, packaging, target markets and leading players.
The report offers you the most reliable market figures and in-depth analysis of trends. This comes from a bottom up approach to the research process, and detailed discussions undertaken with industry players.
Zenith International's 2003 Oxygenated Water Strategic Review Report is broken down into 5 sections:
1. A background into oxygenated water provides a definition, the scope of our research and a chronology of key events in oxygenated water.
2. A full analysis of market trends looks closely at international and regional developments for oxygenated water, covering North America, Europe and Japan. Tables and charts explore market developments and forecasts to 2007.
3. A section on oxygen issues sets out the relative strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for today's oxygenated water industry. The importance of oxygen for the human body is then discussed, as are the relative claims made for and against oxygenated water.
4. Snapshot profiles of more than 30 oxygenated water players cover contact details, product range and packaging formats.
5. And finally, a short section with concluding remarks draws together the major themes and issues that are set to shape oxygenated water in future.
Countries covered: Canada, United States, West Europe, Japan SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Section 1 – oxygenated water background
Scope of research
Oxygenated water chronology 3
Section 2 – market trends
International analysis 6
Chart – international oxygenated water market, million litres, 2000-2002
Table – oxygenated water by country, million litres and penetration of bottled water, 2000-2002
Production and marketing 7
Flavouring and other oxygenated products 9
North America analysis 10
North American oxygenated water brand ranking, 2002 11
West Europe analysis 14
Japan analysis 15
Oxygenated water forecast to 2007 16
Chart – international oxygenated water market, million litres, 2002-2007
Table – oxygenated water by country compound annual growth rate, 2002-2007
Table – oxygenated water by country, million litres and penetration of bottled water, 2002-2007 17
North America oxygenated water market analysis by country, million litres, percentage change, percentage share and litres per person, 2000-2007 18
West Europe and Japan oxygenated water market analysis, million litres, percentage change and litres per person, 2000-2007 19
Section 3 – oxygen issues
Oxygenated water SWOT analysis 20
Oxygen in humans 25
The importance of oxygen
Section 3 – oxygen issues (cont)
Oxygenated water and antioxidants 27
Oxygen requirements 28
Oxygenated water 30
Oxygen in water
Added oxygen, company examples 31
Claimed benefits of oxygenated water 32
Studies on oxygenated water 33
Section 4 – company/product profile summaries
North America 35
Aqua Rush/Xtreme Technologies
Avani International Marketing Corp
BEVsystems International Inc/LifeO2 36
Bio-Hydration Research Lab Inc/Penta Water
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corp
Essentially Yours Industries Inc/Oxy-Up 37
Liquid Assets Corp 38
O2Canada Water Inc
Oxy-Tech North America 39
Rain Fresh Bottled Water
TalkingRain Beverage Company
Triwater USA 40
Adelholzener Alpenquellen GmbH 41
Albertus Mineralbrunnen GmbH & Co
Bad Wildunger Heilquellen Artur Tilenius GmbH
BEVSystems International 42
Giessener Brauhaus und Spiritusfabrik A & W Denninghoff
Heidiland Water Limited
Husumer Mineralquellen Vertriebs GmbH 43
May and Raeburn
O2 Max Handel
OXY Trading GesmbH 44
RheinfelsQuellen H Hövelmann GmbH & Co KG
Vilsa-Brunnen O Rodekohr GmbH & Co KG 45
Wieninger MC Privatbrauerei GmbH & Co KG
World Wide Oxygen Water KGaA
Avani International Marketing Corp 46
Nihon Shokken Co Ltd
Section 5 – conclusion
Concluding remarks 47
Section 6 – Appendix
Symbols and abbreviations 48