- Language: English
- 91 Pages
- Published: September 2008
- Region: World
Telecom Application Report 2008
- Published: January 2008
- Region: World
- 45 Pages
- West Technology Research Solutions
The market study, Telecom Application Report 2008, analyzes and forecasts the overall Telecom client-side RF chipset market.
It is written primarily for component-level companies who are in the process of evaluating the Telecom market, the “Wireless Broadband” sector, and the participation of WiMAX (802.16a, 802.16d-2004, and 802.16e).
This report is designed to support development of business and product planning activities. Analysis includes an assessment of the market, regulatory, and governmental drivers on global scale.
The report analyzes the potential market opportunities for component OEMs, describes initial versus long-range drivers in the market, and analyzes potential partnership opportunities and existing alliances.
Mobile WiMAX will undergo 198% Compound Annual Growth Rate between 2008 and 2012
Robust growth of Mobile WiMAX ahead, while significant competition still seen between WiMAX, LTE and HSPA in mobile broadband market.
"Shipments of IEEE 802.16.e chipsets will undergo strong growth over the next five years. However, WiMAX will also see strong competition from LTE and HSPA by 2011," says Kirsten West, principal analyst. "Established cellular broadband technologies in this space are growing rapidly and it will be challenging for IEEE 802.16.e technology to displace much of the existing technology infrastructure. With a 198% Compound Annual Growth rate the auth foresees a substantial advantage for WiMAX in the developing world as it provides an ideal solution for Greenfield deployments of basic voice and data services."
1. What are the significant new technologies under development in the Telecom market?
2. What role will WiMAX play in the Telecom market?
3. What are the differences in geographic market drivers for fixed and mobile WiMAX?
4. What are the future RF component revenue opportunities in the Telecom market?
5. How are wireless connectivity technologies influencing the growth and evolution of Telecom markets?
The results are based on discussions with executive management from major participants in the marketplace, as well as our proprietary macroeconomic research tools. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
2. Industry & Market Overview
a. Broadband Wireless WiMAX Market Development
b. WiMAX Review
c. Relative Positioning of Fixed versus Mobile WiMAX
3. Market Drivers
a. Analysis of Telecom RF Component Pricing
b. Global Spectrum Availability of WiMAX
c. Convergence of Wireless Connectivity Technologies
a. Analysis of Cellular Displacement by WiMAX
b. Total Addressable Market Analysis for WiMAX in Africa
c. Analysis of WiMAX in Pakistan
d. Femtocell Market Development
5. Participant Analysis
a. Qualcomm Activities & Market Positioning Analysis
b. The Effect of CSR on the Telecom Market
6. IP & Technical Analysis
a. Mobile WiMAX Developments
b. Mobile WiMAX Semiconductor Developments
c. Fixed Wireless Technology Comparison
7. Market Forecasts
Table & Figures:
1. Historic WiMAX Events
2. WiMAX Spectrum Allocation & Availability
3. Telecom Technology Displacement Forecast (2005-2011)
4. Growth of Fixed WiMAX in African Nations
5. Growth of Mobile WiMAX in African Nations
6. African WiMAX Activities
7. Infrastructure Deployment Revenue (WiMAX vs HSPA)
8. IEEE 802.16e WiMAX Shipments in Presence of End User Applications
9. Wireless Broadband Chipset Sales Forecast (2005-2012)
10. Wireless Broadband Chipset Shipment Forecast (2005-2012)
11. Wireless Broadband Chipset Average Selling Price Forecast (2005-2012)
12. Wireless Broadband by Technology Chipset Sales Forecast (2005-2012)
13. Wireless Broadband by Technology Chipset Shipment Forecast
14. Wireless Broadband by Technology Chipset Ave. Selling Price Forecast
15. HSPA/WCMDA Chipset Sales Forecast (2005-2012)
16. HSPA/WCMDA Chipset Shipment Forecast (2005-2012)
17. HSPA/WCMDA Chipset Ave. Selling Price Forecast (2005-2012)
18. IEEE 802.16e Chipset Sales Forecast (2005-2012)
19. IEEE 802.16e Chipset Shipment Forecast (2005-2012)
20. IEEE 802.16e Chipset Ave. Selling Price Forecast (2005-2012)
21. IEEE 802.16d Chipset Sales Forecast (2005-2012)
22. IEEE 802.16d Chipset Shipment Forecast (2005-2012)
23. IEEE 802.16d Chipset Ave. Selling Price Forecast (2005-2012)
24. GSM Chipset Sales Forecast (2005-2012)
25. GSM Chipset Shipment Forecast (2005-2012)
26. GSM Chipset Ave. Selling Price Forecast (2005-2012)
27. LTE Chipset Shipment Forecast (2005-2012)
28. IEEE 802.16m Chipset Shipment Forecast (2005-2012)
29. IEEE 802.16m Chipset Ave. Selling Price Forecast (2005-2012)
30. IEEE 802.16m Chipset Shipment Forecast (2005-2012)
- Cambridge Silicon Radio
- IEEE 802.16.d
- IEEE 802.16.e
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Site License||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|