• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Google: Media Moguls or Technology Gurus?
Research 2.0, February 2008, Pages: 16
This report examines Google purely as a technology services provider, specifically an application service provider (ASP), rather than as a media company. This report examines important questions such as:
- Will Google be able to do enough to solidify its position by the time its exclusive use of the PageRank patents expire in a few years?
- How does Google stand up to Microsoft and others as an SaaS industry player?
- What is Google likely to do in the future in terms of monetizing the value of its application functionality?
“Google: Media Moguls or Technology Gurus?”:
- Examines Google’s possible future plays in the applications software market.
- Explores Google’s current position in the standalone software market.
- Discusses Research 2.0 expectations that Google will enter the ERP and business intelligence software markets over the forecast period.
- Looks at the potential impact of these moves—good and bad—to company valuation.
Products covered in this report include:
- IBM Notes
- Google Checkout
- Google Docs and Spreadsheets
- Microsoft Office
- Google Apps for Your Domain
- Google Image Search
- Google Book Search
- Google Scholar
- Google Base
- Google Finance
- Google News
- Google Co-Op
- Google Video
- Google Toolbar
- Google Calendar
- Google Groups
- Google Desktop
- Google Pack
- Google Earth
- Google Maps
- Google Sketchup
- Sketchup Pro, 3D Tools
I. Investment overview
II. Industry overview
III. Sector analysis
- i. Applications software
- ii. Other services
- iii. SaaS vs. Licensed
IV. Company overview
V. Positioning and products
- i. Applications
- ii. Other Services
- iii. Customers
- iv. Competition
- vi. Partnership and alliances
- vii. Management
VI. Opportunities and threats
VII. Financials and valuation
VIII. Notes & resources
Tables and Charts included in this Report:
- Figure 1: Google stock performance
- Table 1: Google financial snapshot
- Figure 2: Google participation in the software market
- Table 2: Google 2007 financial breakdown
- Figure 3: Google’s application offerings
- Figure 4: Google business model comparison
- Table 3: Google on Google’s terms
- Table 4: Comparison of leading software suppliers product stacks
- Table 5: Google’s long-term valuation
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.