• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Interpreting Accounts and Finance
Cavendish, January 2008
Foreword and review by Dr Philip Dunn explores the mysteries of finance on CD
In the 30 years I have been involved in higher education, this is one of the best packages I have seen for non-financial people. The software is user-friendly and guides non-accountants through the profession’s complexities, dispelling the mystique.
It focuses on the following concepts: cash flow; balance sheets; profit statements; assets and liabilities; fixed assets; depreciation; interpretation-ratio analysis; and all aspects of financial language. Because the CD is interactive, it can guide users step by step through all puzzling conventions of financial statement analysis.
The text is supplemented with standard layouts and guidance notes, which add value to the training experience. Well-designed and systematic examples reinforce vital lessons. This would be particularly useful for accountants and accounting technicians who have to plan management `away-day` seminars to meet the CPD needs of non-financial staff.
It is clear, concise and stimulating and demonstrates how accounting can be an exciting and fascinating experience. Business studies under-graduates and those studying subjects which need a firm understanding of business, such as engineering, could also find it very useful.
Tutors would find it helpful for their mature entry intermediate students. It would be a valuable induction aid if students could borrow it to use at home.
Lastly, I would send a copy to every principle in the further education sector in the hope that it would help them to understand essential financial concepts.
This CD-ROM is a breakthrough concept, which takes you step-by-step through the complex process of interpreting finance and accounts.
We take a systematic approach to management control by showing you layouts, guidance notes and advantages of using this information.
The most effective way to feel at ease with finance and accounting concepts and language.
This programme is designed specifically for the individual. It explains clearly what key financial statements mean, how they work and relate to each other and how your actions affect them and your business. It will give you a sound understanding of the financial tools and techniques that you need to become an even more effective person.
- Master terminology to ensure a better understanding
- Evaluate financial data with confidence, allowing easy interpretations
- Budget successfully for every project
- Interpret key financial statements so that you can address the questions and areas that matter
- Identify warning signals so as to avoid financial difficulties
- Understand key performance indicators and how these can be used to increase profitability with immediate effect
- Appraise capital projects with confidence, allowing you to make the best decision
- Assess the financial health of your business using accepted financial ratios. Appraise projects and use discounted cashflow and payback methods of evaluation
- Interpret profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and cashflow statements
- The CD shows and explains to you every activity for you to understand finance and accounts
- Boost your career development
- Feel at ease with financial and accounting concepts and language
- Deal confidently with financial colleagues
- All Directors, Managers and non-financial personnel should have this CD by their side for reference
Identify opportunities to organise your business finance in other ways.
Open your mind up to the `Challenges` we face in a global trading environment to be successful.
“Well presented valuable information at an affordable price – highly recommended.”
Colin Thompson, Professor at the European Business School , Cambridge UK, Chairman of Oxford College of Management Studies and editor of the MasterClass model, said "This excellent model based on skills and experience is to provide the opportunity to increase the knowledge on how to understand and use finance and accounts to improve `bottom-line` performance on existing levels of sales with improved cashflow. There is no other business model available to illustrate the power of our `Interpreting Finance and Accounts` to improve your knowledge`!