This product is currently not available for purchase.
Power Market Profile: New York State
- ID: 616821
- July 2008
- Region: New York
- 12 pages
This series of market profiles covers 5 key markets in North America. Each profile provides insight into market structures, regulatory environments, supply and demand balances, assets, market concentration and wholesale sources of energy.
- Detailed overviews of energy market dynamics, players and trends.
- Detailed insight into market fundamentals, infrastructure, national and regional legislation and supply and demand conditions.
- Understanding of the competitive environment in each market.
Highlights of this title
Each profile offers a supply and demand balance showing a breakdown of both supply sources and consumption by end use sector.
Subsequent analysis provides a deeper analysis of supply and demand dynamics by looking at factors such as indigenous production trends, trade flows and current and historical sectoral demand trends.
The profiles also include a detailed analysis of each markets regulatory structure. This provides an examination of key governmental, legal and political influences on the energy sector. Each profile also contains an overview of energy assets and infrastructure at various stages of the value chain.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Obtain up-to-date, relevant and standardised information on North American energy market dynamics and markets from a single source.
- Gain a logical framework to monitor market development trends, identify opportunities and plan strategies.
- Save time tracking multiple information sources.
Market Summary 2
Supply and Demand Balance 3
Supply Overview 4
Demand Overview 6
Regulatory Structure 7
Wholesale Market 8
Ask the analyst 11
List of Tables
Table 1: New York power supply and demand balance, 2005-06 (GWh) 3
List of Figures
Figure 1: New York power production by fuel input, 2006 4
Figure 2: New York power production by fuel input, 1990-2006 5
Figure 3: New York power end user demand, 1990-2006 6
Figure 4: New York power end user demand, 2006 7
Figure 5: New York power installed capacity by type, 1990-2006 10