• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Woodhead Publishing Ltd, September 2008, Pages: 424
The textile industry is becoming an increasingly competitive environment. Differentiating products is therefore important and this can be facilitated through improving quality. Testing can be used to improve product quality and achieve compliance to international, regional or retailer specific standards. This book provides a welcome and much needed review of the current range of tests available for fabrics. The reader is presented with a systematical review of topics, ranging from how to test fabric structure to the testing of intelligent fabrics. A valuable resource for researchers, professionals, academics and students within the textile field.
Introduction to fibric testing
- Sampling and statistical analysis in textile testing
- Fabric composition testing
- Physical and mechanical testing textiles
- Fabric chemical testing
- Fabric appearance testing
- Fabric permeability testing
- Testing for fabric comfort
- Dyeing and colouring tests for fabrics
- Testing intelligent textiles
- Key issues in testing damaged textile samples
- Flammability testing of fabrics.
Jinlian Hu is a Professor at the Institute of Textiles and Clothing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. A Fellow of the Textile Institute, she was also the recipient of the 2001 Award for Distinguished Achievement from the US Fiber Society. Professor Hu has published over 300 articles and several books on textile materials. She is currently the Editor-in-Chief of the Research Journal of Textiles and Apparel.