Not even a hot summer and increasing success of healthier brands were able to stop the downward trend in RTD tea consumption, while the volume drop in 2015 was still mild compared to the declining volume CAGR of the review period. However, as a result of price increases, the increasing impact of small packaging formats with higher price per litre and a slow shift towards emerging premium brands, the category experienced significant value growth.
The RTD Tea in Austria report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (2011-2015), allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – be they legislative, distribution, packaging or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2020 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Carbonated RTD Tea, Still RTD Tea.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the RTD Tea market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
RTD TEA IN AUSTRIA
LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
Table 1 Off-trade Sales of RTD Tea by Category: Volume 2010-2015
Table 2 Off-trade Sales of RTD Tea
"Light" is the new buzzword as demand for low calorie soft drinks grows
Low calorie products are becoming increasingly popular. Higher demand for low calorie soft drinks products was driven by greater health consciousness among Austrian consumers, as well as by new product launches and increased advertising support. Demand for low calorie options fuelled growth of concentrates, RTD tea, flavoured bottled water and functional bottled water. Greater demand for low calorie products was also a major driver of growth in energy drinks and juice drinks (up to 24% juice). In carbonates meanwhile, low calorie cola carbonates outperformed the sector as a whole in terms of volume and current value sales growth. 2005 also saw the introduction of the first low calorie RTD coffee product in Austria.
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Coca-Cola Austria GmbH
- Vöslauer Heilquellen- Verwertung AG
- Hofer GmbH & Co KG
- Rauch Fruchtsäfte GmbH
- Waldquelle GmbH
- August Starzinger Limonadenerzeugung
- Rewe Austria AG
- Spar Österreichische Warenhandels AG
- Almdudler Limonade A & S Klein KG
- Rieder's Quellenbetrieb
- Radlberger Getränke GmbH
- Österreichische Brau- Beteiligungs AG (BBAG)
- Red Bull GmbH
- Eckes-Granini Austria GmbH
- Pago Fruchtsäfte GmbH
- Stock & Stroh GmbH
- Pfanner Getränke GmbH, Hermann
- Aqua Montana GmbH
- Danone, Groupe
- Peterquelle Mineralwasser GmbH
- Mautner Markhof AG
- DrinkStar GmbH
- Spitz GmbH & Co KG, S
- Schweppes AG
- Croy Getraenke GmbH
- Römerquelle GmbH
- Balaia Warenhandels GmbH
- Unilever Bestfoods Austria GmbH
- Procter & Gamble Austria GmbH
- Vöslauer Heilquellen
- Verwertung AG (HBO Getränkeindustrie Holdung AG)