- Language: English
- 33 Pages
- Published: December 2010
- Region: Global
The 2011 Top Ten World's Leading Agrochemical Companies
- Published: December 2010
- Region: Global
- 400 Pages
- Venture Planning Group (VPG)
A strategic assessment of the competitive environment is widely recognized as one of the highest priority management responsibilities, a task crucial to business survival, growth and profitability. Timely and factual competitive intelligence is vital to the success of all business functions, especially Planning, Marketing, R&D and Manufacturing.In a highly dynamic and fragmented agrochemical market, besieged by intense competition, the ability to anticipate new product introductions and marketing strategies is particularly important...and spells the difference between success and failure.
This unique multi-client study was prepared by Venture Planning Group in order to provide industry executives with strategically significant competitor information, analysis and insight, critical to the development and implementation of effective marketing and R&D programs. The study’s major objectives include:<ul><li>To establish comprehensive, factual and cost-effective information base on performance, capabilities, goals and strategies of the world’s leading agrochemical companies.</li><li>To help current suppliers realistically assess their technological and marketing capabilities vis-a-vis leading competitors.</li><li>To assist potential market entrants in evaluating prospective acquisitions and joint venture candidates.</li><li>To complement organizations’ internal competitor information gathering efforts with strategic analysis, data interpretation and insight.</li><li>To identify least competitive market niches with significant growth potential.</ul></li>The Top 10 report is based on a combination of primary and secondary information sources, including Venture Planning Group’s proprietary database, developed during the firm’s continuous monitoring of the agrochemical industry, as well as over 100 syndicated multi-client studies and numerous proprietary single-client assignments. This database contains information on major agrochemical companies, technologies, products and executives worldwide. Moreover, a comprehensive review of the Top 10 companies’ product and financial literature, business and technical periodicals, and pertinent industry analyst reports was conducted.Contains 400 pages and 65 tables
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
WORLDWIDE MARKET OVERVIEW
The study will provide a strategic overview of the worldwide agrochemical market, including:
- Five-year worldwide forecasts for:
- Major market segments.
- Key geographic regions.
- Assessment of the U.S. and international trends with potentially significant impact on the agrochemical industry during the next five years, including industry consolidation, market globalization, environmental regulations, etc.
- Analysis of major market segments.
- Review of key geographic regions, including Western Europe, North America, Japan, Latin America and others.
COMPANY STRATEGIC ASSESSMENTS
The following companies have been selected as the Top 10 suppliers with highest worldwide sales of agrochemical products:
For each of the Top 10 companies, the report will provide an approximately 40-page strategic analysis, including:
SECTION I: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- A 3-5 page synopsis of key sections.
SECTION II: BUSINESS ORGANIZATION
- History of the company’s agrochemical business evolution, which is imporant to understanding the corporate culture, management mentality and strategies.
- Recent acquisitions, divestitures and major organizational changes.
- Current organizational structure.
SECTION III: SENIOR MANAGEMENT
- Names, titles and background of key executives.
SECTION IV: FACILITIES AND EMPLOYEES
- Administrative, manufacturing and R&D facilities in the U.S. and abroad.
- Manufacturing practices.
- New plants under construction.
- The U.S. and international work force size and distribution.
SECTION V:TECHNOLOGICAL KNOW-HOW
- Internally developed and acquired agrochemical and related capabilities.
- Proprietary technologies and patent litigation.
SECTION VI: PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- Review of major product lines.
- Applications, advantages and weaknesses of leading products.
SECTION VII: MARKETING TACTICS
- Promotional tactics.
- Distribution approaches.
- Product service and support.
- Customer relations.
SECTION VIII: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Estimated sales by division, product line and geographic region.
- Five-year sales and operating profit performance.
SECTION IX: R&D EXPENDITURES AND MAJOR PROGRAMS
- Estimated R&D budget.
- Research facilities and staff.
- New technologies, products and applications in development.
SECTION X: COLLABORATIVE ARRANGEMENTS
- Joint ventures, distribution, O.E.M. and licensing partners, both industrial and academic.
- Terms of collaborative agreements and specific products involved.
SECTION XI: STRATEGIC DIRECTION
- Specific business, new product development and marketing strategies.
- Anticipated acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures.
In this section of the report, the Top 10 companies will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- Sales estimates in North America, Europe, Japan and other regions.
- Sales by product category.
- Operating profit and margins.
- R&D expenditures, and others.
This market intelligence report is designed to provide the agrochemical industry executives with strategically significant competitor information, analysis and insight, critical to the development and implementation of effective marketing and R&D programs. The study’s major objectives include: to establish a comprehensive, factual, annually-updated and cost-effective; information base on performance, capabilities, goals and strategies of the world’s leading agrochemical companies; to help current suppliers realistically assess their financial, marketing and technological capabilities vis-à-vis leading competitors; to assist potential market entrants in evaluating prospective acquisitions and joint venture candidates; and to complement organizations’ internal competitor information gathering efforts by providing strategic analysis, data interpretation and insight.
The study provides a strategic overview of the worldwide agrochemical market, including five-year worldwide forecast for major market segments and key geographic regions; assessment of the US and international trends with potentially significant impact on the agrochemical industry during the next five years, including industry consolidation, market globalization, and environmental regulations; analysis of major market segments; as well as review of geographic regions, including Western Europe, North America, Japan, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
For each of the TOP 10 companies, the report provides: Executive Summary; Business Organization; Senior Management; Facilities and Employees; Technological Know-How; Product Portfolio Analysis; Marketing Tactics; Financial Analysis; R&D Expenditures and Major Programs; Collaborative Arrangements; and Strategic Direction.