- Published: July 2011
Expert Interview: Tunable Technologies for RF Applications
- Published: May 2008
- Region: World
- 5 Pages
- MEMS Investor Journal
This interview was conducted with a tunable technology expert who has over 5 years of research and engineering experience in the design and development of tunable RF/microwave hardware from 300 MHz up to 40 GHz. This expert works on MEMS and ferroelectric material based tunable technologies, from initial concept to design and analysis to final fabrication and testing. Through collaborations with various wireless hardware manufacturers, this expert has a deep understanding about the needs of RF wireless industry, the challenges it is facing, and the ways that RF tunable technologies can address these challenges.
The interview answers the following questions:
- What are tunable technologies for RF applications?
- Why are they needed?
- Where are these technologies currently being used?
- What are the current challenges and how are these challenges being overcome?
- Why is MEMS an attractive technology in this context?
- Which companies are currently providing MEMS technology for this set of applications?
- Besides MEMS, what are the alternative technologies and how do they compare?
- What are the pros and cons for each?
- Who are the leading academia and private research groups in this area?
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|