This report contains extensive qualitative and quantitative analysis of monthly deal activity (including strategic alliances) in the software, hardware, IT services, and telecom sectors across global markets, with a specific focus on key emerging markets. It offers a unique insight into deal activity, deal rationale, valuation trends, and the market fundamentals driving various sub-sectors.
- Insights into deal activity across M&A, private equity, venture financing, private placement, IPO, secondary offering, and strategic alliance deals
- In-depth analysis on all key sectors, namely software, hardware, IT services, and telecom
- Geographical trends by primary regions and by key emerging markets
- Detailed analysis of the deal activity during the month, along with the trend for the last six months by deal volume and value
Highlights of this title
The technology sector recorded 317 M&A deals in July 2008, a decrease of 8.9%, compared to the trailing six month (Jan 2008Jun 2008) average. In value terms, it recorded deals worth $15.8 billion, representing a decrease of 52.2%.
The telecom sector witnessed increased deal
activity in the emerging markets, while IT consulting and business process outsourcing (BPO) services led the M&A activity in the IT services sector.
Venture capitalists invested more than $1.4 billion in 184 companies, a decrease of 6.2% in value terms over the last six month average, focusing primarily on companies in the growth/expansion stage.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Understand which technology sectors are experiencing the most activity, and which type of investor, and advisor are playing the significant roles
- Find out how key deals are changing the competitive landscape of your business in software, hardware, IT services, and telecom sectors
- Find out how companies in technology and telecom sectors are raising funds through capital markets, private equity, and private placement deals
READ MORE >
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown