Biogas Power in the United Kingdom (UK), Market Outlook to 2020, 2011 Update - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Published: August 2011
- Region: Great Britain, United Kingdom
The drive to increase scale and improve profits combined with a highly fragmented market have resulted in continued M & A in the transport and logistics sector. The monthly Financial Deal Insights provides a unique insight into deal rationale and the market fundamentals driving the sector.
- Insights into deal activity across M&A, private equity, private placement, IPO, secondary offering, and strategic alliance deals
- Analysis on all key sectors, namely sea, road, rail, and air
- Geographical trends by primary regions and by key emerging markets
- Detailed analysis of the deal activity during the month, along with the trend for the last six months by deal volume and value
Highlights of this title
The transport and logistics sector recorded 31 M&A deals in November 2008, a decrease of 52.4% compared to the trailing six-month (May 2008Oct 2008) average. In value terms, it recorded deals worth $0.24 billion, a decrease of 96.7%.
The UK road haulage market is expected to consolidate in order to survive the economic slowdown, rising operational costs, and the high tax regime. The air freight transportation segment may witness increased interest from strategic as well as institutional investors.
M&A activity in the rail transportation sector in the mature markets was largely focused on strengthening positions in existing markets and entering into adjacent new geographies.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Understand which sectors are experiencing the most activity, and which type of investor, and advisor are playing the significant roles
- Find out how key deals are changing the competitive landscape of your business
- Find out how companies in transport and logistics industry are raising funds through capital markets, private equity, and private placement deals
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Mergers and acquisitions (including private equity)
Valuation trend: comparison across key sectors