- Published: October 2010
Transport and Logistics Financial Deals Quarterly Roundup
- Published: November 2008
- 7 pages
The drive to improve scale and profits combined with a highly fragmented market have resulted in continued M&A in the Transport and Logistics sector. The quarterly Financial Deal Insights series provides a concise yet comprehensive overview of this activity in this sector. It offers a unique insight into both deal activity, deal rationale and the market fundamentals driving the sector.
- An assessment of recent M&A activity in the Transport and Logistics sector throughout the world.
- An evaluation of the trends both within the Transport and Logistics sector as a whole, as well as individual deals.
Highlights of this title
The global banking crisis and subsequent imminent recessions in western markets continue to negatively impact deal-making in the transportation and logistics (T&L) sector.
Despite the general financial and economic problems as well contraction within the transport and logistics industry the number of deals has not decreased dramatically and there are still opportunities for companies to make strategic investments.
The value of deals within the maritime segment has increased compared with the previous quarter and also compared with the third quarter of 2007.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Understand the recent trends within M&A in the Transport and Logistics sector.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the market context behind factors driving both the sector as a whole and individual deals.
- Gain an overview of deal trends on a historical basis and the progress of individual deals as they happen.
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
CONSOLIDATION DRIVES M&A ACTIVITY DESPITE CREDIT CRUNCH 2
SHIFT OF POWER TO ASIAN COMPANIES WITHIN SEA FREIGHT DESPITE TOUGH TRADING ENVIRONMENT 3
SEA FREIGHT CONTINUES TO ATTRACT INVESTMENT AS VOLUMES PLUNGE 4
THE FINANCIAL DEAL ENVIRONMENT FOR THE REST OF 2008 5
Ask the analyst 7
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global M&A deal volume in the T&L industry (July 2008-September 2008) 2
Figure 2: Global M&A deal value in the T&L industry 4
Figure 3: Global M&A deal volume in the T&L industry 5
Figure 4: Global M&A deal value in the T&L industry 6