• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Forces are Shifting the Center of Gravity in Higher Education IT (Analyst Opinion)
Datamonitor, January 2009, Pages: 4
In response to a surging appetite for online education, the IT landscape in higher education will shift dramatically, but instead of benefiting one solution area over another, the center of gravity in higher education IT will evolve in such a way that it rewards vendors that invested in enabling a more inclusive vision of solution interconnectedness.
- Comments on recent actions taken by vendors in the higher education market
- Provides insight into how institutions are leveraging IT
- Recommends product development strategies that will best meet institutional preferences
Highlights of this title
While the SIS is the most established and mission-critical solution in higher education, it has yet to evolve in ways to support teaching, learning and research more directly
The rapid uptake and more substantive usage of LMS is increasingly putting it in contention with the SIS for the heart and soul of higher education IT.
SIS and LMS vendors are taking aggressive actions to solidify or advance their positions within the institutional IT landscape.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Understand how recent events in the higher education industry impact IT vendors.
- Gain a heads up on how the higher education technology market is likely to change over the near-term.
Ask the analyst 4