- Language: English
- Published: February 2014
- Region: Global
Political and Policy Analysis for the United States Automation and Electronics Industry
- ID: 453160
- March 2007
- Region: United States
- 26 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
The automation and electronics industry is one of the leading manufacturing sectors among all the industrialized and industrializing countries. Due to its pervasive applicability, this industry is strongly linked to macroeconomic conditions. The developments in this industry affect other end-user industries such as consumer electronics and computers. Over the years, the production base of electronic components and semiconductors has shifted from developed countries in North America and Europe to emerging ones in Asia Pacific and Latin America. Low labor costs and unsaturated markets, combined with steady economic recovery, have made the Asia Pacific region attractive to semiconductor manufacturers. With some of the world’s fastest growing economies such as China and India, Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit rapid growth in demand for electronic components and applications in the future.
The United States, which has been the world leader in technology and market size in both manufacturing and automation, has begun to feel the heat of the competition from global markets such as the Asia Pacific. Industry participants will need more than just the Government’s policies and other incentives to deal with this situation, considering the rising business costs.
To retain its supremacy in areas such as R&D and high technology, the United States has kick started initiatives such as the Focus Center Research Program (FCRP). The FCRP conducts basic research in crucial areas such as system design, interconnects, circuits, devices, nanomaterials, and nanodevices. Additionally, the American Competitiveness Initiative will increase federal investment in critical research, and has committed to double investments, over ten years, in key federal agencies that support basic research. The Government has also made R&D tax credits permanent to boost R&D in the private sector. Other programs aimed at vitalizing the manufacturing sector include instituting a manufacturing council that provides manufacturer’s access to Government decision makers, a study of the costs of regulatory compliance, and measures to curb countries that indulge in unfair trading practices or violate intellectual property rights.
Frost & Sullivan’s Automation and Electronics Country Industry Forecast service provides vital inputs for evaluating the attractiveness of a country and its automation and electronics industry. Besides enabling decision makers to assess the impact of non-market forces, it also helps in identifying new market opportunities. This service provides a strong base for preparing contingency plans. In addition, investors can assess industry-specific risk factors as well as conduct in-depth micro research.
Frost & Sullivan Growth Partnership Service
- Based on extensive and in-depth research, real-world consulting work, and new theories tested in hundreds of companies across many industries, Frost & Sullivan has evolved its Growth Partnership Services (GPS) program that provides established and emerging firms with powerful growth visions. Moving beyond token mission statements, GPS provides an actionable vision to growth consulting partners by illustrating how key intelligence and strategic research based on defined goals can guide day-to-day behaviour and overall company direction. The foundation of Frost & Sullivan's GPS includes:
- Assisting companies to reach their full potential in the core business
- Providing growth strategies to help companies expand into related businesses
- Pre-emptively redefining the core business during market turbulence
- Applying the Frost & Sullivan framework to identify and address common mistakes resulting from misaligned corporate strategies
- Recommending growth management strategies through continuous partnership
To maximize the potential for growth within a firm’s internal and external environment, Frost & Sullivan consultants can facilitate the creation of strategic programs that deliver improved market success. Frost & Sullivan’s strengths lie in combining strategic understanding with market expertise and applying these with absolute commitment to its clients’ growth.
Benefits of this Service
- Identify New Market Opportunities
- The future trends of the political and policy environment of the United States have been analyzed along with their impact on the automation and electronics industry. This analysis will provide valuable information to industry participants on opportunities in specific segments of the industry.
- Understand Future Industry Trends
- The research gives an insight into the U.S. automation and electronics industry, discusses its dependence on the prevailing political and policy scenario, and forecasts its future. This will enable industry participants to gauge the direction of the market, enabling them to devise appropriate strategies to improve market share.
- Understand Policy and Regulatory Environment
- A detailed analysis of the policy and regulatory framework of the U.S. automation and electronics industry offers insights into the regulatory environment as it exists and the future direction of the same.
- Devise Country Entry Strategies
- The study provides valuable information and analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the political and policy environment of the United States, which are relevant to the automation and electronics industry. This is particularly useful in devising country-specific strategies for industry participants. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
2. Political Overview
-1. Government and Politics
--1. Current Political Scenario
--2. Priority List of the Bush Administration
--3. Foreign Policy
3. Government Policies
-1. Policy Overview
--1. Policy Overview
--2. Fiscal Policy
--3. Monetary Policy
--4. Science and Technology Policy
--5. Investment Policy
--6. Trade Policy
--7. Automation Industry and the challenges facing manufacturing in the US
--8. Electronics and Semiconductors Industry- Policy Framework
--9. Policy Demands by the Electronics and semiconductors Industry
-1. Impact Analysis of Political and Policy Trends and Business Opportunities
--1. Impact Analysis of Political and Policy Trends
--2. Business Opportunities