- Language: English
- 844 Pages
- Published: May 2012
- Region: Global
Polyesters and polyamides
- Published: June 2008
- Region: Global
- 632 Pages
- Woodhead Publishing Ltd
Polyester and polyamide continue to account for the vast amount of synthetic fibre usage. Current developments are leading to continued improvements in the properties and performance of these fibres. This important book begins with a review of the chemical and physical properties of each fibre and their manufacture. Part 2 analyses how the functionality of polyester and polyamides can be improved. The final sequence of chapters provides examples of how the fibres are used in applications such as sports and automotive products. This book is an essential reference for anyone involved in the research or development of polyester and polyamide fibres.
Part 1 Polyester and polyamide fundamentals: Polyester resins
- Polyamide fibres
- Manufacture of polyester fibres
- Manufacture of polyamide fibres
- Poly (lactic acid) fibres (PLA)
- Environmental impact of polyester and polyamide textiles.
Part 2 Improving functionality of polyesters and polyamides: Specialty fibres from polyester and polyamides
- Property enhancement through blending
- Weaving technology for manufacturing high performance fabrics
- Advances in coloration of polyester textiles
- Flame retardant polyester and polyamide textiles
- Advances in functional finishes for polyester and polyamide textiles
- The impact of nanotechnology on polyester and polyamides.
Part 3 Applications of fibrous polyesters and polyamides: Polyester fibre-apparel applications
- Medical applications
- Sports applications
- Automotive applications
- Applications of polyesters and polyamides in civil engineering.
Professor B L Deopura, Dr R Alagirusamy, Dr M Josh and Dr B Gupta all work within the Department of Textile Technology in the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology.