- Language: English
- 633 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
China Social Media Mobile Marketing Strategies and Innovations in Food & Beverage Industry, H1 2014
- Published: May 2014
- Region: China
- 110 Pages
Food & beverage brands are leveraging mobile social media services to deliver exciting content to consumers to create deeper engagement and differentiation as a means to retain consumers and drive revenues. Additionally, the shift from desktop to mobile advertising has added new dimensions to the nascent stage of social media mobile advertising in China, and which continues to fuel impressive growth in the Chinese social media mobile market.
Over the last few years, China has seen an explosion in the number of internet and mobile users. Rapid development in communications infrastructure has provided millions of Chinese access to broadband connectivity and 3G networks. Advances in technology have enabled local hardware manufacturers to produce sub-$150 smartphones which have become popular across China and are used by consumers for socializing, entertainment, information search and shopping. This has given birth to a plethora of mobile internet services in the country.
A number of new players have emerged which includes both start-ups and established players, which is driving innovation and fundamentally reshaping the brand-consumer communication. As such a combination of mobile and social media has put forward a strong value proposition for food & beverage marketers to target niche consumer segments. With Chinese consumers turning away from traditional sources of information and entertainment en masse because of censorship and lack of credibility, Chinese internet companies have stepped in to fill the void by offering a range of social, informational and entertainment services.
Leading international and local brands such as Pepsi, Nestle, Heineken, Wu Liang Ye and Huiyuan Juice have used videos, games and apps integrated with social media extensively in their marketing campaigns. Convergence of different delivery formats is enabling marketers to leverage their respective strengths in integrated campaigns that not only inform, engage and influence consumers but also drive purchases.
This report answers the following key questions:
- Why social media mobile advertising is critical for food & beverage marketers?
- How much is being spent on social media mobile advertising by food & beverage brands?
- How is consumers’ use of social media and mobile influencing marketing budget allocation towards social media mobile?
- What are the gaps between how consumers use social media mobile and targeting approach adopted by food & beverage marketers?
- Which social media mobile strategies work best to create brand awareness, drive sales and launch new products?
- How is the overall proposition of social media mobile platforms shaping up and what it means for food & beverage marketers?
- What is the role of mobile in social media mobile and how should food & beverage marketers develop their marketing strategy around it to gain market share?
- How to develop and execute marketing strategy combining social media with Location Based Marketing (LBM)?
This report provides detailed analysis of social media based mobile marketing spend, opportunities, trends, drivers, risks, and innovation. Socintel360 capitalizes on its robust methodology, local market expertise, and proprietary indices to derive unique insights into social media mobile marketing dynamics.
- Value Proposition: This report provides insights into value proposition of social media based mobile advertising initiatives for food & beverage companies in China. It provides an overview of social media mobile market dynamics and detailed analysis of factors, which are driving food & beverage marketers increase spend on this channel.
- Advertising Spend Dynamics: This report details social media mobile advertising budget allocation and five year forecast by seven key sectors in the food & beverage industry – alcoholic drinks; concentrated juices & functional drinks; sparkling soft drinks; tea & coffee; confectionery; bakery, & cereals; meat, fish, & seafood; and dairy food & ice cream. In addition, it provides social media advertising spend by marketing objectives (branding, increase traffic, lead generation, direct sales, and product launch); by format (display and video); by gaming & applications; and platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest, and You Tube).
- Advertising Strategies: This report covers social media mobile strategies adopted by leading players to gain market share. It also covers Location Based Marketing (LBM) strategies in detail, explaining its value proposition, advertising spending trend over the next five years, LBM innovation, and key players and their strategies.
- Business Models and Advertising Opportunities: This report covers key social media mobile platforms, their strategies and emerging opportunities for marketers. It also covers how messenger services are fundamentally reshaping the value proposition of social media advertising.
- Market Innovation: This report provides detailed case examples, covering market innovation by marketing objectives and shows actual implementation of innovative social media mobile advertising strategies. It covers both success stories along with failures. This report provides detailed information, insights and opinion on social media mobile marketing strategies adopted by leading food & beverage brands in China. It completely focuses on social media mobile marketing strategies with an overview of mobile marketing.
Below is an overview covering scope of this report:
- Country Focus: China
- Market Focus: Social media mobile marketing
- Industry Focus: Food & beverage
- Data & Analysis: This report provides an extensive analysis of the social media mobile marketing in China with a specific focus on food & beverage industry.
Below is a summary of key points:
- It provides insights into the future of social media mobile advertising and in-depth analysis of strategies adopted by leading brands.
- This report details social media advertising spend for a period of 10 years from 2009-2018. It provides social media mobile advertising budget allocation and five year forecast by seven key sectors in the food & beverage industry – alcoholic drinks; concentrated juices & functional drinks; sparkling soft drinks; tea & coffee; confectionery; bakery, & cereals; meat, fish, & seafood; and dairy food & ice cream. In addition, it provides social media mobile advertising spend by marketing objectives (branding, increase traffic, lead generation, direct sales, and product launch); by format (display and video); by gaming & applications; and platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest, and You Tube).
- It offers detailed analysis of business environment, infrastructure, technology and consumer trends driving the growth of social media mobile advertising spend. It also highlights the key challenges faced by food & beverage marketers in implementing and executing social media mobile advertising strategies.
- It provides case examples of innovative social media mobile advertising adopted by key players in food & beverage industry. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. About this Report
1.1. About Socintel360
2. Executive Summary
3. Dynamics of Social Media Based Mobile Marketing
3.1. Channel Dynamics – Desktop vs. Mobile
3.2. Social Media Mobile Marketing Value Proposition for Food & Beverage Brands
3.3. Emerging Technology and Marketing Investment Avenues for Food & Beverage Marketers
4. Mobile Strategies of Social Networking Sites and Opportunities for Food & Beverage Brands
4.1. Facebook Mobile Strategy & Key Initiatives
4.2. Twitter Mobile Strategy & Key Initiatives
4.3. Pinterest Mobile Strategy & Key Initiatives
4.4. Instagram Mobile Strategy & Key Initiatives
4.5. Vine Mobile Strategy & Key Initiatives
4.6. Google+ Mobile Strategy & Key Initiatives
4.7. Location Based Social Networking Competitive Landscape – Key Players and Strategies
5. Analysis of Social Media Mobile Advertising Spend
5.1. Advertising Spend Analysis by Food & Beverage Brands
5.2. Advertising Spend Analysis by Marketing Objectives
5.3. Advertising Spend Analysis by Format
5.4. Advertising Spend Analysis by Platforms
5.5. Advertising Spend Analysis through Gaming
5.6. Advertising Spend Analysis through Location Based Marketing
6. Social Media Mobile Advertising Strategies in Food & Beverage Industry
6.1. Gap Analysis: Consumer Behavior vs. Food and Beverage Brands Social Media Strategy
6.2. Display and Messaging Advertising
6.3. Video Advertising
6.4. Apps Advertising
6.5. Gaming Advertising
6.6. Analysis of LBM Strategies to Gain Market Share
7. Innovation in Social Media Mobile Advertising
7.1. Brand Building
7.2. Product Launch
7.3. Driving Sales
7.4. Lead Generation / Traffic Driver
7.5. Failure Stories
8. Broader Market Trends and Drivers: Charts and Tables
8.1. Macroeconomic Fundamentals and Industry Growth Dynamics
8.2. Consumer Insights
8.3. Internet & Technology Adoption
8.4. Devices & Platforms
8.5. Mobile Commerce
8.6. Advertising Spend Dynamics
1: Value Proposition / Perceived ROI of Advertising by F&B Companies across Key Social Networking Sites
1: Snapshot of China Social Media Mobile Marketing in Food & Beverage Industry
2: China Social Media and Digital Advertising Spend Analysis, 2008 – 2018
3: China Social Media Advertising Spend – Split by Mobile and Desktop, 2009 – 2018
4: China Food & Beverage Industry – Adoption and Outlook of Social Media Mobile Advertising, 2003 – 2018
5: China Social Media Mobile Advertising Value Proposition for Food & Beverage Industry – Future Areas Beyond Marketing
6: China Food & Beverage Brands – Challenges and Role of Social Media Mobile Marketing
7: China Location Based Marketing Dynamics and Key Trends, 2013 – 2018
8: China Social Media Mobile Marketing – Key Investment Avenues for Food & Beverage Brands in 2014
9: China Food & Beverage Industry Investment Rationale on Analytics for Social Media Mobile Marketing, 2014
10: Snapshot – Mobile Strategies of Social Networking Sites and Opportunities for Food & Beverage Brands
11: China Social Media Mobile Marketing Advertising Spend Growth Trend of Food and Beverage Companies, 2013 – 2018
12: China Social Media Mobile Advertising Spend by Food and Beverage Sectors, 2014 – 2018
13: China Social Media Mobile Advertising Spend by Marketing Objectives for Food & Beverage Industry, 2013 vs. 2018
14: China Social Media Mobile Advertising Spend by Marketing Objectives – Split by Food & Beverage Sectors, 2013 vs. 2018
15: China Social Media Advertising Spend Split by Formats, 2008 – 2018
16: China Social Gaming Advertising Spend by Gaming Segments, 2009-2018
17: China Display Advertising Spend Dynamics Across All Marketing Channels (US$ Million), 2013, 2014 & 2018
18: China Food & Beverage Industry Social Media Advertising Spend Outlook by Social Networking Sites, 2014
19: Brand’s Preferable Platform for Marketing by F&B Categories
20: China Location Based Marketing Spend by Food & Beverage Companies, 2013-2018
21: Gap Analysis for Social Media Marketing: Consumer Behavior vs. Advertising Focus of Food and Beverage Brands
22: China Social Media Marketing – Consumer Drivers for Interaction with Food & Beverage Brands on Social Networking Sites (%)
23: China Social Media Mobile Marketing – Preferred Social Networking Sites for Launching Video Advertisements by Food & Beverage Brands, 2014
24: China Social Media Mobile Advertising – Targeting Consumers Through Applications
25: China Grocery Application Downloads on Smartphones, 2010 – 2018
26: China Social Gaming Environment and Market Dynamics, 2009-2018
27: China Social Gaming Virtual Goods Market Snapshot, 2013
28: China Food and Beverage Industry Major Challenges in Implementing Predictive Location Based Marketing
29: China Food & Beverage Industry Market Size, 2009-2018