- Language: English
- 426 Pages
- Published: August 2012
- Region: Global
Global CAD and Modeling Software Market
- Published: January 2013
- Region: Global
- 131 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
Emerging Regions Drive Growth in a Mature Market
The global CAD and modeling software market focuses on the opportunities driving this mature market. Growth drivers such as infrastructure development in emerging regions and improved productivity of users via better data sharing and collaboration, and improved workflow efficiency continues to be Important to advanced CAD users have been factored into the seven year forecast of this market. The study also highlights important restraints such as the challenge of penetrating emerging regions and the delay introduced by the implementation of end-to-end software solution such as product life cycle management.
KEY QUESTIONS THIS STUDY WILL ANSWER
- What is driving growth in the mature CAD market vs. the niche markets?
- How is the competition playing out in this market with the backdrop of new growth opportunities?
- Which type of vendors are best positioned to gain market share in future?
- How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
MARKET OVERVIEW - DEFINITIONS
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Modeling Software: CAD and Modeling Software is defined assoftware tools that allow users to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional designs, drawings,and models of objects, machinery, parts, components, buildings, and facilities.
- CAD drawings are typically engineering schematics used to design items with accuracy and precision prior to fabrication, construction, or building them.
-CAD systems are often deployed in architecture and design, engineering-mechanical, structural, andelectronic-procurement, construction, and operational management. o While we include references to Product Life Cycle Management(PLM) Solutions, which areoften deployed as complementary solutions, revenues from PLM products are not included inthis analysis.
- Vendors are categorized as large, medium, and small based on their 2011 revenue in the CAD market.
- For the purpose of pricing analysis, products are categorized as Tier-1, Tier-2, or Tier-3 based on average unit selling price (ASP). In the price analysis section, pricing is presented in tiers as well, which correspond directly to the following three tiers of products.
- For this analysis, revenue figures consist of CAD license sales, new and renewed in the year 2011, as well as professional services and maintenance revenue provided via subscription services. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Total CAD and Modeling Software Market
- Key Technology Trends
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
2D CAD Segment Breakdown
3D CAD Segment Breakdown
AEC Vertical Segment Breakdown
MCAD Vertical Segment Breakdown
The Last Word
Author: Prayerna Raina
|Question||Does the report cover segmentation of vendors based on spatial distribution in Europe? Or, to put it differently, how are the different economic regions covered regarding segmentation.|
|Answer||The study breaks the numbers out by the main geographic regions (EMEA, APAC, NALA)|