Aluminum in Europe
- ID: 2236889
- October 2015
- Region: Europe
- 35 pages
Aluminum in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe aluminum market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The aluminum industry consists of primary aluminum (made from alumina) only, secondary aluminum (made by the recycling of scrap aluminum) is excluded.
- The European aluminum industry had total revenues of $12.4bn in 2014, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -5.3% between 2010 and 2014.
- Industry production volumes declined with a CARC of -2.9% between 2010 and 2014, to reach a total of 6.3 million metric tons in 2014.
- The economic crisis of 2008-2009 triggered a temporary yet sharp drop in demand for aluminum from its major consumers, in particular from the transportation and construction industries. This caused heavy declines in the industry over the 2012-13 period. Even though cuts in production were made, the supply did not shrink to the same degree. As a result, excess aluminum supply was accumulated and much is still stored in warehouses today keeping considerable pressure on international aluminum prices.
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the aluminum market in Europe
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the aluminum market in Europe
Leading company profiles reveal details of key aluminum market players’ global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe aluminum market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Europe economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Europe aluminum market by value in 2014?
- What will be the size of the Europe aluminum market in 2019?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe aluminum market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Europe’s aluminum market in relation to its regional counterparts? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Norsk Hydro ASA
Rio Tinto plc
United Company RUSAL Plc
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Europe aluminum industry value: $ million, 2010-14
Table 2: Europe aluminum industry volume: thousand metric tons, 2010-14
Table 3: Europe aluminum industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2014
Table 4: Europe aluminum industry value forecast: $ million, 2014-19
Table 5: Europe aluminum industry volume forecast: thousand metric tons, 2014-19
Table 6: Alcoa Inc.: key facts
Table 7: Alcoa Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 8: Alcoa Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 9: Norsk Hydro ASA: key facts
Table 10: Norsk Hydro ASA: key financials ($)
Table 11: Norsk Hydro ASA: key financials (NOK)
Table 12: Norsk Hydro ASA: key financial ratios
Table 13: Rio Tinto plc: key facts
Table 14: Rio Tinto plc: key financials ($)
Table 15: Rio Tinto plc: key financial ratios
Table 16: United Company RUSAL Plc: key facts
Table 17: United Company RUSAL Plc: key financials ($)
Table 18: United Company RUSAL Plc: key financial ratios
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Europe aluminum industry value: $ million, 2010-14
Figure 2: Europe aluminum industry volume: thousand metric tons, 2010-14
Figure 3: Europe aluminum industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2014
Figure 4: Europe aluminum industry value forecast: $ million, 2014-19
Figure 5: Europe aluminum industry volume forecast: thousand metric tons, 2014-19
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the aluminum industry in Europe, 2014
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the aluminum industry in Europe, 2014
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the aluminum industry in Europe, 2014
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the aluminum industry in Europe, 2014
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the aluminum industry in Europe, 2014
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the aluminum industry in Europe, 2014
Figure 12: Alcoa Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Alcoa Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Norsk Hydro ASA: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Norsk Hydro ASA: assets & liabilities
Figure 16: Rio Tinto plc: revenues & profitability
Figure 17: Rio Tinto plc: assets & liabilities
Figure 18: United Company RUSAL Plc: revenues & profitability