- Language: English
- 138 Pages
- Published: August 2012
- Region: Great Britain, United Kingdom
UK Domestic B2B Express Parcels Distribution Survey 2012
- ID: 2666167
- June 2013
- Region: United Kingdom, Great Britain
- Triangle Management Services Ltd
For over 25 years, The UK Domestic B2B Express Survey has been the industry standard benchmarking survey for the express industry.
The survey focuses on regular B2B parcels shippers within the UK, tracking changes in service usage and customer perceptions of the leading carriers and their performance levels. For many senior executives in the express industry the study sets independent KPI's for internal management initiatives and provides an invaluable competitor benchmark comparison which can work alongside in-house research data such as carriers' own customer satisfaction surveys.
This specialist business distribution survey is based on around 450 in depth telephone interviews with decision makers for UK domestic B2B deliveries of parcels 2 kg – 30 kg, in accordance with the Market Research Society Code of Conduct and supported by CATI software. The core sample is selected from a large database of known users of parcel distribution services. The interviewers are experienced market researchers who have been involved with this study for many years.
Every year the survey content reflects developments in the market place and also allows for confidential questions from programme sponsors. In effect, The UK Domestic B2B Express Parcels Survey provides bespoke research at multi-client prices.
The survey is based on fixed quotas for primary carrier ratings (i.e. carrier used most often), in order to guarantee robust results for each of the main carriers. A rating for the next most often used carrier is also captured, but no quota by carrier is set for them, i.e. these are random.
The core questionnaire monitors strategic areas each year so as to ensure consistent trend data, however, new questions are sometimes added in order to measure market reactions to new developments.
The main areas covered by the study include:
1. Fixed quotas for primary carrier ratings, i.e. Used most often
2. Total survey size of approximately 450
3. Potential for subscribing carriers to boost their quota size
4. Minimum of 50 B2B parcels a month for respondent qualification
5. Potential to include 2 confidential questions at no additional cost
The survey results are reported in a management summary including analysis, graphical representation of the results and comparative charts. In addition, individual company summaries can be produced and supported by personalised presentations where desired. Where significant trends can be identified, these too are analysed and reported for continuous subscribers.
Express surveys are designed to complement carriers' own customer satisfaction surveys with the added unique advantage of independent benchmarking of key performance indicators against competitors. Shippers too will find the survey an invaluable input to carrier selection and monitoring. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Market metrics (average volumes, weights)
2. Carrier usage (most often used, others used in last 12 months/last 3 years, lapsed usage)
3. Carrier awareness (other carriers not used, spontaneous & prompted)
4. Carrier selection criteria
5. Pricing changes
6. Carrier performance ratings for the top two carriers (most often used and second most often used in volume terms) on Overall level of service plus five core attributes such as Price and Customer service
7. Carrier descriptors for the top two carriers on eleven key statements
8. Likelihood of recommending the primary carrier used (generating a customer Loyalty Benchmark for the industry)
9. Total spend and percentage of total spend with main carrier (Share of wallet)
10. Timed service usage
11. Website usefulness
12. Sales & marketing recall/rating
13. Carrier Service Profiles