- Language: English
- 74 Pages
- Published: March 2012
- Region: United States
Turkey B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
- Published: November 2012
- Region: Turkey
- 61 Pages
- yStats GmbH & Co. KG
Still Growth Potential in Turkish B2C E-Commerce
Hamburg-based market research firm yStats.com gives a detailed overview of B2C E-Commerce in Turkey in its latest “Turkey B2C E-Commerce Report 2012.” The analysis includes figures about internet use, online purchases and revenues along with competitors, products offered and trends.
In 2011, more than 40% of the Turkish population used the internet. When it comes to broadband access per 100 inhabitants, Turkey still lags far behind Germany and the USA. However, almost a quarter of Internet users in Turkey accessed the mobile Internet in the first quarter of 2012. As a result, there is still growth potential in B2C E-Commerce in Turkey.
Fashion and Consumer Electronics popular Categories for Online Shopping in Turkey
More than 60% of the Turkish population used the internet to search for “product and service related information”. Consequently, more than 20% of all internet users purchase products and services for personal use online. B2C E-Commerce revenue accounted for more than 5% of the total retail revenue in 2011. According to the “Turkey B2C E-Commerce Report 2012” by yStats.com, the most popular product categories for online purchases are “fashion, sporting goods”, “consumer electronics”, “home appliances” and “food or groceries”.
Group Shopping gaining Importance in Turkey
In 2011, the leading player in Turkey in terms of B2C E-Commerce sales was mass merchant Hepsiburada, followed by private shopping website Markafoni, consumer electronics online shop Teknosa and mass merchant Ereyon. Hepsiburada generated a low single-digit share of its total revenues from countries outside of Turkey. Markafoni reached online sales of almost 100 Million USD in 2011.
Furthermore, market place Gittigidiyor.com, that sold additional shares to eBay in 2011, is one of the leading online shops in Turkey across various product categories. Private shopping website Limango.com.tr, which belongs to German OTTO-Group, is one of the most popular fashion online shops in Turkey. Moreover, group shopping websites are gaining importance in Turkey. Within the 12 months to May 2012, websites from this category reached an increase in unique visitors of more than 40%. Firsat bu Firsat, Sehir Firsati (Groupon), and Yakala Co are among the leading competitors here.
Altogether, the B2C E-Commerce market in Turkey already made good progress. However, especially because of the young and technology-oriented population, as well as because of the investments from abroad, there is still potential for growth in B2C E-Commerce in Turkey.
- After years of growth in B2C E-Commerce in Turkey, big foreign investor companies such as Amazon, eBay or Naspers increased investments.
- “Wrong or Damaged Product Delivery ” was the biggest problem for online buyers in Turkey between April 2011 and March 2012.
- “Clothes, Sports Goods” was the most popular product category among online shoppers in Turkey between April 2011 and March 2012, followed by “Electronic Equipment” and “Household Goods”.
- The number of Internet users is expected to reach approximately 35 million in 2012, accounting for almost half of the total population in Turkey.
- Hepsiburada, Markafoni, Teknosa and Eyeron are among the leading B2C E-Commerce players in Turkey.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
- General Internet and B2C E-Commerce Trends in Turkey, 2012
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in Turkey, 2012
- B2C E-Commerce and Private Shopping Trends in Turkey, June 2012; incl. Daily Unique Visitors of E-Commerce Websites in Turkey, in thousand, June 2012
- Problems and Challenges associated with B2C E-Commerce in Turkey, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
- Reasons for Online Shopping in Turkey, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
- Reasons for Not Shopping Online in Turkey, in %, 2011
- Monthly Average Online Shopping Spending in Turkey, in %, 2012f
- Internet Activities of Individuals in Turkey, in %, January-March 2012
- Group Shopping Trends in Turkey, 2011, including Number of Group Shoppers, in millions, 2011 & 2012f
- Top 20 Web Sites in Turkey by total Minutes, including % Reach, Average Daily Visitors, total Visits, Average Minutes per Visit and Average Visits per Visitor, January 2012
- M-Commerce Trends in Turkey, 2012 and Internet Access by Device, including Mobile, in % of Internet Users, Q1 2012
- Online Product Research in Turkey, by Device, including Mobile, in % of Online Shoppers, 2010/2011
- Online Shopping in Turkey by Device, including Mobile, in % of Online Shoppers, in 2010/2011
- Mobile Payment Trends in Turkey, 2011
- Mobile Payment Volume in Turkey, in TRY million, 2012f-2015f
- Share of Mobile Payments on total B2C E-Commerce Payments in Turkey, in %, 2012f-2015f
- E-Commerce Sales in Turkey, in TRY billion, 2005-2012f
- Monthly E-Commerce Sales with Credit/Debit Cards in Turkey, in TRY million, 2011
- Monthly E-Commerce Sales with Credit/Debit Cards in Turkey, in TRY million, Q1-Q2 2012
- Monthly E-Commerce Transactions with Credit/Debit Cards in Turkey, 2011
- Monthly E-Commerce Transactions with Credit/Debit Cards in Turkey, Q1-Q2 2012
- E-Commerce Share of total Retail Sales in Turkey, in %, 2007-2012f
- B2C E-Commerce Product Categories, by Purchases of Online Shoppers, in %, April 2011-March 2012
- Most popular B2C E-Commerce Product Category, by Purchases of Online Shoppers, in %, January-March 2012
- Top growing Retail Website Categories in Turkey, in %, September 2012 vs. September 2011
6. USERS / SHOPPERS
- Total Internet Users in Europe, by Country, incl. Turkey; Age 15+, Home & Work Locations, February 2012
- Internet Users (millions) and its Percentage of Country Population, 2005-2012f
- Internet Penetration among Households in Turkey, in %, 2007-2011
- Type of Internet Connection used in Turkey, in % of Households with Internet Access, April 2011-March 2012
- Internet Users by Age Group and Gender in Turkey, in %, April 2011-March 2012
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in Turkey, in total and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Average, 2006-2011
- Fixed Broadband Subscribers in Turkey, by Access Technology, compared to the OECD Average in %, 2011
- Online Shoppers in Turkey, in % of Internet Users, 2008-2012
- Overview of leading B2C E-Commerce Players in Turkey, 2012
- Profile of HepsiBurada.com
- Profile of Markafoni.com
- Profile of Teknosa.com
- Profile of Ereyon.com
- Profile of Gittigidiyor.com
- Profile of Yemeksepeti.com
- Overview of leading B2C E-Commerce Players for selected Product Categories in Turkey, 2012
- Leading Group Shopping Players in Turkey, based on Total Unique Visitors, in thsd., June 2011 & May 2012