• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Materials for fuel cells
Woodhead Publishing Ltd, October 2008, Pages: 512
This authoritative reference work provides a comprehensive review of the materials used in hydrogen fuel cells, which are predicted to emerge as an important alternative energy option in transportation and domestic use over the next few years. The design and selection of the materials is critical to the correct and long-term functioning of fuel cells and must be tailored to the type of fuel cell. The book looks in detail at each type of fuel cell and the specific material requirements and challenges. Chapters cover material basics, modelling, performance and recyclability.
Introduction: Materials challenges in fuel cells: Materials basics for fuel cells
- Alkaline fuel cells
- Polymer electrolyte fuel cells
- Direct methanol fuel cells
- Phosphoric acid fuel cells
- Molten carbonate fuel cells
- Solid oxide fuel cells
- Regenerative fuel cells
- Novel fuel cells and materials
- Performance degradation and failure mechanisms of fuel cell materials
- Recyclability and life cycle assessment of fuel cell materials.
Professor Michael Gasik is Head of the Laboratory of Materials Processing and Powder Metallurgy at Helsinki University of Technology, Finland.