• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
China Pharmaceutical Industry Research and Forecast to 2016
Ken Research Private Limited, March 2012, Pages: 52
The present report on “China Pharmaceutical Industry Research and Forecast to 2016” analyzes in detail the pharmaceutical industry environment with market sizing in terms of patented drugs, generic drugs, OTC drug and even sub-segments of the industry. The report also discusses the trends, development, growth drivers, M&A’s and future expected performance of the industry. The report also entails market share of major players and their performance on the basis of different parameters.
China pharmaceutical industry is enjoying strong growth led by rising per capita disposable income, government measures to support healthcare, rural population moving to urban areas, rising demand for Chinese herbal supplements worldwide, stable market for OTC drugs and aging population. The China pharmaceutical industry is ranked on 5th place in 2011 and soon expected to outpace Germany and Japan. In 2010, an estimated investment of USD 4,100 million was channelized in the sector.
To make healthcare facilities affordable for rural population, government has started voluntary health insurance through Central Government’s rural co-operative medical system. The total healthcare industry in the country is expected to grow by 22.00% by 2016 led by medical equipment demand and rising demand of pharmaceutical industry. Cold and flu medicines accounted for the largest demand in the OTC segment while diabetes, hypertension and heart diseases drugs were driving the demand in the prescription drugs segment. Bio-pharma products are slowly gaining importance in the pharmaceutical industry with sector growth driven by recent acquisitions. The future growth of herbal supplements is expected to be stable in the country as a group of old age population represents the largest share in the total herbal supplements demand.
- Hospital drugs sales in terms of value have reached USD ~ billion in 2011 but growth rate declined from previous year. In 2010 & 2011 hospital drugs sales grew by 21.25% and 20.27% respectively.
- From 2006-2011, pharmaceutical industry grew at a CAGR 15.82% in value terms registering USD ~ billion revenue in 2011. The industry has grown by 19.54% in 2011.
- Chemical drugs are expected to grow at 16% growth rate by 2014.
- From 2011-2016, the Chinese pharmaceutical industry is expected to grow at CAGR 14.36% generating revenues of USD ~ billion. By 2015 Chinese pharmaceutical industry is expected to outpace Japanese pharmaceutical market and become third largest country in terms of revenue.
- Retail sales in the Bio-pharma segment recorded 27.00% and 28.40% growth in 2010 and 2011 respectively.
- In 2011, TCM sales grew by 2.11% to USD ~ billion as compared to 3.74% growth registered in 2010 with market worth of USD ~ billion.
- From 2005-2010, the Chinese herbal medicine market grew at a CAGR of 4.38%, to USD ~ billion in 2010. The market is expected to grow by 7.69% CAGR from 2010 to 2015F.
- By the end of 2011, generic drugs market reached USD ~ billion by growing at a CAGR 28.75% from 2006-2011.
- In term of value, vitamin market grew by 9.48% in 2010 to USD ~ million as compared to 2009 results. China vitamin demand is expected to surpass USD ~ million by 2015. China is one of the largest producers of vitamin E in the world.
Reasons to Buy:
- Access comprehensive information on the China pharmaceutical industry with charts and graph covering industry trends, drivers and M&A.
- To track industry major players, competition level and business structure of the selective players.
- To identify business potential.
- To identify future growth of the industry and its segments.
- To analyze OTC market in the country.
- Potential of herbal supplements market.
- Hospital drugs
- generic drugs
- Chemical drugs
- Over the Counter Drugs
- Hospitals and Hospital Beds
- Herbal Supplements
- Traditional Chinese Drugs
1. Global Pharmaceutical Market
1.1. China Healthcare Sector
1.1.1. Hospitals and Hospital Beds
1.2. China Pharmaceutical Industry Snapshot
2. China Pharmaceutical Industry
2.1. Market Size
2.2. China Pharmaceutical Market Forecast
2.3. Chinese Vaccine Market
2.4. Chemical and Bio-pharma Market
2.5. Traditional Chinese Drugs Market
2.5.1. Herbal Supplements Market
Issues in Approval for Chinese Herbal Medicines in the US
3. Industry Classification
3.1. Patent Drugs
3.2. Generic Drugs
4. Over the Counter Drugs (OTC)
4.1. Market Size
4.2. China Vitamin Demand
5. Growth Drivers
6. Industry Developments
6.1. Recent Trends and opportunities
6.2. Recent Pharmaceutical Industry M&A’s
6.3. Regulatory Structure
7. Country Analysis
7.1. Key Findings
7.2. Political Environment
7.3. Macro-economic Indicators
7.3.1. GDP Recovery and Growth
7.3.3. Population and Literacy Rate
7.3.4. Literacy Rate
8. Industry Competition and Domestic Players Profiling
8.1. Competitive Landscape
8.2. Shanghai Pharmaceuticals (SPGC)
8.3. Harbin Pharmaceuticals
8.4. Pfizer China
9.3. Research Methodology
Data Collection Methods
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Global Pharmaceutical Market by Value (2006-2011E)
Figure 2: China Healthcare Industry by Value (2006-2011)
Figure 3: China Healthcare Industry Investment Trend (2006-2011)
Figure 4: China Hospital Drugs Sales (2006-2011)
Figure 5: Average Drug Cost per Inpatient and Outpatient (2006-2010)
Figure 6: Chinese Pharmaceutical Industry Value Chain
Figure 7: China Pharmaceutical Market Segments in 2011
Figure 8: China Pharmaceutical Market by Value (2006-2011)
Figure 9: China Drugs Retail Sales by Distribution Channels in % (2006-2011)
Figure 10: China Pharmaceutical Retail Sales Forecast by Value (2011-2016)
Figure 11: Traditional Chinese Medicine Market by Value (2006-2011)
Figure 12: China Herbal Supplements Demand by value (2006-2015F)
Figure 13: Patented Drugs Market Size by Value, (2006-2011)
Figure 14: China Generic Drug Market Size by Value (2006-2011)
Figure 15: OTC Drug Retail Sales by Value (2006-2011)
Figure 16: China Vitamin Market by Value (2003-2015F)
Figure 17: Aging Population Proportion in Chinese Total Population (2006-2011)
Figure 18: China Per-Capita Disposable Income in Rural Areas (2006-2011E)
Figure 19: Private Healthcare Expenditure in China (2006-20111f)
Figure 20: Government Healthcare Expenditure in China (2006-2011F)
Figure 21: China Urban per capita Disposable Income (2003-2010)
Figure 22: China Gross Domestic Product (2003-2010)
Figure 23: China Population (2003-2010)
Figure 24: China Literacy Rate (2003-2010)
Figure 25: Competition by Type of Players in 2011
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Leading Countries Market Share (2009-2011)
Table 2: China Healthcare Institutions (2007-2010)
Table 3: Chinese Vaccine Market by Value and Share in % (2006-2010)
Table 4: Market Share of Major Chinese and Foreign Vaccines Companies by Class I and Class II Category in % by volume (2006-2009)
Table 5: Market Share of Major Chinese and Foreign Vaccines Companies by Class I and Class II Category in % by Value (2006-2009)
Table 6: China Chemical Drugs and Bio pharma Therapeutic Market in 2011
Table 7: Bio-Pharma Products and Description in 2010
Table 8: Average Medical Expenditure per Inpatient and Outpatient in Public Hospitals (2007-2010)
Table 9: China Mergers and Acquisitions in 2010
Table 10 : Country Overview
Table 11: China Economy (2010-2012)
Table 12: Import & Export Statistics (Jan to May 2011)
Table 13: Vitamin Import Data in China in January 2010
Table 14: Chinese Herbal Medicines Imports and Exports (2008-2010)
Table 15: Market Share of Leading Multinational Pharmaceutical Companies in China in 2011
Table 16: Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Revenue (2008-2010)
Table 17: Shanghai Pharmaceuticals Key Strategies
Table 18: Harbin Pharmaceuticals Revenue Statement (2007-2010)
Table 19: Harbin Pharmaceutical Key Strategies
Table 20: Pfizer China Key Strategies
- Shanghai Pharmaceuticals
- Harbin Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer China
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.