This product is currently not available for purchase.
World FLNG Market Forecast 2014-2020
- ID: 2764656
- February 2014
- Region: Global
- 63 Pages
The total expenditure forecast of $64.4bn from 2014-2020 in evident in this new FLNG market report. Two-thirds of this spend is attributed to liquefaction infrastructure, while the remainder is for import and regasification facilities.
The previous seven-year period saw minimal investment in floating liquefaction infrastructure, however, with the introduction of floating LNG vessels, global FLNG Capex is expected to experience significant increase over the next seven years. Year-on-year growth over this period is forecast to average 64% per annum and DW expect this increase to be more pronounced after the successful start-up and operation of the pioneer FLNG vessels, such as Shell's Prelude FLNG and Petronas' PFLNG 1.
DW anticipates more floating regasification units are to be sanctioned, with Asia and Latin America being the dominant regions. In North America, however, discovery of large supplies of shale gas has resulted in the shut-down of many of its operational terminals and the cancellation of upcoming import facilities. This development should reverse North America's traditional status as a net gas importer to that of an exporter.
The World FLNG Market Forecast 2014-2020 forecasts activity through to 2020 and contains analysis of:
- Market Drivers and Trends – including the monetisation of stranded gas reserves, security of supply, onshore terminal costs, environmental solutions and increasing long-term gas demand.
- The FPS Supply Chain – operators, FLNG leasing, EPC contractors, vessel yards, topside sub-contractors and financing analysis.
- FLNG Import and Export Capacity – prospective installations 2014-2020, along with DW's forecast for the required Capex to bring this capacity online. This includes construction of base-load FLNG liquefaction and import (regasification) vessels.
- Capex Breakdowns – expenditure for liquefaction and regasification vessels segmented by: Component: topsides, hull & containment systems and mooring & transfer systems. Service: technology licencing, FEED, detailed design engineering, construction engineering, installation, hook-up & commissioning and construction of hull & topsides.
- Regional analysis – Africa, Asia, Australasia, Eastern Europe & FSU, Latin America, Middle East, North America and Western Europe.
Why purchase the FLNG Market Forecast?
- Our market forecasting is trusted by sector players worldwide, with clients including the world's top-10 oil & gas companies, top-10 oilfield services companies and top-10 private equity firms.
Our proven process includes:
- Unique and proprietary data – updated year-round from published sources and insight gained from industry consultation.
- Methodology – the report uses research from DW's proprietary ‘World LNG Projects Database.
- A project-by-project review of development prospects drives a data-rich market model and forecast; with the timing of expenditure phased to reflect the commercial structures of likely projects.
- Market forecasts – comprehensive examination, analysis and 14 year coverage of FLNG expenditure.
- Concise report layout – consistent with DW's commitment to delivering value for our clients, all our market forecasts have a concise layout consisting of industry background and supporting materials condensed to enable quick review with ‘speed-read' summaries of key points throughout.
- An essential report – for engineering houses, contractors, shipping companies, vessel lease operators, shipbuilders, oil & gas operators, gas utilities and financial institutions wanting to better understand where and when to make investment decisions. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1 Summary and Conclusions
2 Why Floating LNG?
- Onshore & FLNG Comparison & Definitions
- Floating Liquefaction – Market Drivers
- Floating Liquefaction – Onshore Cost Comparison
- Floating Regasification – Market Drivers
- The History of Floating LNG
3 Floating Liquefaction
- LNG FPSO
- Containment Systems
- LNG FPSO Process Diagram
- Liquefaction Plant Process Flow
- Liquefaction Technology
- Offloading to Regasification Vessels
4 Floating Regasification
- FSRU & Regasification Vessels
- Topsides and Regasification Process
- Destination LNG Offloading
5 FLNG Supply Chain
- LNG FPSO Supply Chain: Pre-FEED/FEED
- LNG FPSO Supply Chain: EPC
- Floating LNG Regasification Supply Chain
- LNG Business Model
- Shipyard Review
- Leasing Contractors – Floating Liquefaction
- Leasing Contractors – Floating Regasification
6 FLNG Projects
- Floating Regasification
- Floating LNG Projects
- Pioneer FLNG Projects
7 Market Forecast
- Liquefaction Vessels
- Liquefaction Vessels Capex Breakdown
- FLNG Import Vessels
- FLNG Import Vessels Capex Breakdown
- Eastern Europe & FSU
- Latin America
- Middle East
- North America
- Western Europe
- The Global FLNG Market by Facility Type
- The Global FLNG Market by Component & Service
- The Global FLNG Market by Region
- Conversion Tables
- Prospective Floating Regasification Vessels
- Prospective Floating Regasification Vessels
- Data and Text Conventions
List of Figures and Tables:
Figure 1: Global Capex on FLNG Facilities by Region 2014-2020
Figure 2: Percentage Regional Comparison on FLNG 2014-2020
Figure 3: Process Diagram of the LNG chain
Figure 4: Stranded Gas Reserves
Figure 5: Onshore vs. Offshore Liquefaction Terminals Total Costs
Figure 6: Onshore vs. Offshore Liquefaction Terminal Only Capex
Figure 7: Gas Consumption by Region 2005-2030
Figure 8: FLNG Map and Timeline
Figure 9: LNG FPSO Layout
Figure 10: Sloshing Inside a Tank
Figure 11: LNG Facility Liquefaction Process Flow
Figure 12: Single Train Capacity for Several Liquefaction Process
Figure 13: FSRU Topside Process Block Diagram
Figure 14: Submerged Combustion Vaporiser (Closed Loop)
Figure 15: Schematic of the Sea Water Vaporiser (Open-loop)
Figure 16: Floating LNG Regasification Supply Chain
Figure 17: Typical Finance Project Structure
Figure 18: LNG FPSO Simplified Business Model
Figure 19: Global Floating Regsification Fleet
Figure 20: Shell Prelude FLNG
Figure 21: Petronas PFLNG 1
Figure 22: Columbia FLSRU
Figure 23: Different components of an FLNG vessel
Figure 24: Capex on FLNG Liquefaction Vessels by Region 2007-2020
Figure 25: Capex on FLNG Liquefaction Vessels by Component 2007-2020
Figure 26: Capex on FLNG Liquefaction Vessels by Service 2007-2020
Figure 27: Capex on FLNG Import Vessels by Region 2007-2020
Figure 28: Capex on FLNG Import Vessels by Component 2007-2020
Figure 29: Capex on FLNG Import Vessels by Service 2007-2020
Figure 30: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Africa by Type 2007-
Figure 31: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Asia by Type 2007-2020
Figure 32: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Australasia by Type 2007-2020
Figure 33: Capex on FLNG Liquefaction Vessels by Country of Service 2007-2020
Figure 34: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Eastern Europe & FSU by Type 2007-2020
Figure 35: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Latin America by Type 2007-2020
Figure 36: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Middle East by Type 2007-2020
Figure 37: Capex on FLNG Facilities in North America by Type 2007-2020
Figure 38: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Western Europe by Type 2007-2020
Figure 39: Global Capex on FLNG Facilities by Type 2007-2020
Figure 40: Global Capex on FLNG Facilities by Component 2007-2020
Figure 41: Global Capex on FLNG Facilities by Service 2007-2020
Figure 42: Global Capex on FLNG Facilities by Region 2007-2020
Table 1: Conventional FPSO Components
Table 2: Typical Natural Gas Composition
Table 3: Floating Liquefaction Lease Contractors and Operators
Table 4: Pioneer FLNG Project Comparison
Table 5: Capex on FLNG Liquefaction Vessels by Region 2014-2020
Table 6: Capex on FLNG Liquefaction Vessels by Component 2014-2020
Table 7: Capex on FLNG Liquefaction Vessels by Service 2014-2020
Table 8: Capex on FLNG Import Vessels by Region 2014-2020
Table 9: Capex on FLNG Liquefaction Vessels by Component 2014-2020
Table 10: Capex on FLNG Liquefaction Vessels by Service 2014-2020
Table 11: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Africa by Type 2014-2020
Table 12: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Asia by Type 2014-2020
Table 13: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Australasia by Type 2014-2020
Table 14: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Australasia by Country of Service 2014-2020
Table 15: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Eastern Europe & FSU by Type 2014-2020
Table 16: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Latin America by Type 2014-2020
Table 17: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Middle East by Type 2014-2020
Table 18: Capex on FLNG Facilities in North America by Type 2014-2020
Table 19: Capex on FLNG Facilities in Western Europe by Type 2014-
Table 20: Global Capex on FLNG Facilities by Type 2014-2020
Table 21: Global Capex on FLNG Facilities by Component 2014-2020
Table 22: Global Capex on FLNG Facilities by Service 2014-2020
Table 23: Global Capex on FLNG Facilities by Region 2014-2020
Table 24: Conversion Table
Table 25: Prospective Floating Regasification Vessels