Global tensions and military conflicts around the world are driving the need for surveillance and information sharing. Thus, satellite demand fluctuates significantly with global US relations; however, many of these regions, such as the Middle East and Africa, remain consistent, high-demand locations for US military satellite communications (SATCOM). The US government is the single largest purchaser of commercial satellite services in the world, and accounted for $1.34 billion in 2015. As a result, these contracts are highly competitive, with many organizations custom tailoring new satellites and ground hardware to meet the unique needs of the US government/military. With a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%, this market is stable but is expected to average $53.78 million per year through 2022.
This research estimates the base year market size by revenue generated through US government spending, future growth estimation through 2022, and forecast breakouts for military and on-military as well as for Department of Information Systems Agency (DISA) and non-DISA. The base year for this research is 2015 and is accompanied by a forecast spanning from 2016 to 2022. Also included is the base year market share for consumer satellite operators, namely Iridium, Inmarsat, SES, Eutelsat, Intelsat, and Telesat. The global regions discussed are grouped by North America, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Latin America, Africa, and Europe.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- How will the government and military satellite market grow throughout the forecast period?
- What economic, political, and technological factors are impacting this market?
- What military trends are driving new adoption for satellite technology?
- What regions will be important/account for more US government and military spending on satellite technology?
- Who are the market participants and what does the competitive landscape look like?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- CEO’s Perspective
3. Market Overview
- Market Overview
5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Transformation in the Government and Military SATCOM Industry-2016
- Government and Military Satellite Diagram
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
4. Drivers and Restraints-Government and Military Satellite Market
- Drivers and Restraints-Government and Military Satellite Market
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
5. Forecasts and Trends-Government and Military Satellite Market
- Forecasts and Trends-Government and Military Satellite Market
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Revenue Forecast by Military and Non-military
- Revenue Forecast by Department of Information Systems Agency (DISA) and Non-DISA
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
6. Market Share and Competitive Analysis-Government and Military Satellite Market
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis-Government and Military Satellite Market
- Market Share Methodology
- Market Share
- Market Share Analysis
- Competitive Environment
7. US Government and Military Satellite Growth Opportunities
- US Government and Military Satellite Growth Opportunities
- Regions of Political/Military Concern
- North America Analysis
- Asia-Pacific Analysis
- Middle East Analysis
- Latin America Analysis
- Africa Analysis
- Europe Analysis
8. The Last Word