- Language: English
- 100 Pages
- Published: March 2014
- Region: Global
Analysis of the Global Ultrasonic Non-destructive Test Equipment Market
- Published: October 2013
- Region: Global
- 129 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
The global ultrasonic non-destructive test (NDT) equipment market was impacted severely by the economic recession of 2009 to 2010. Since then, the market has done well to maintain a stable growth rate.
This market engineering study discusses the current state of the total global ultrasonic NDT equipment market; it provides analyses for the following segments: thickness gauges, digital flaw detectors, phased array flaw detectors, and test machines. Regions covered include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and ROW. The study also gives an overview of the current trends impacting this market, the size of the market, its future potential, and its competitive environment. The base year is 2012, and the forecast period is 2013 to 2017.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the ultrasonic NDT equipment market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What are the strategic growth regions and the factors driving and restraining these markets?
- How is the competition in the market structured? What is the competitive environment for individual product segments?
- Which end-user industry segments will offer growth opportunities in the next 5 years?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
- Which product segments offer the highest growth opportunities, both in terms of revenue and volume sales?
Summary of Key Findings
- In this market, year-over-year unit sales vary considerably, and the market is quite dependent on general economic conditions.
- Equipment manufacturers are moving toward low- end phased array flaw detectors that provide basic functionalities.
- Because of maturing technology, customers have placed extra emphasis on equipment features and software capabilities.
- High growth regions include regions in ROW, such as the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America (especially Brazil).
- A lack of skilled technicians, especially in the phased array ultrasonic testing segment, means that equipment must be easy to use. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Ultrasonic NDT Equipment Market
- Drivers and Restraints
- Forecast and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Thickness Gauges Segment Breakdown
5. Digital Flaw Detectors Segment Breakdown
6. Phased Array Flaw Detectors Segment Breakdown
7. Test Machines Segment Breakdown
8. North American Breakdown
9. European Breakdown
10. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
11. Rest of World Breakdown
12. The Last Word