Diabetes Care Devices Market to 2018 - Integrated Insulin Pumps with Continuous Glucose Monitoring Technology to Add a New Dimension to Diabetes Management
- Language: English
- 107 Pages
- Published: August 2012
This product is currently not available for purchase.
Diabetes mellitus is one of the most common endocrine disorders in the world. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that worldwide, there are currently 220 million people living with diabetes. Diabetes is increasingly becoming an important chronic disease in China. In 2010, approximately 95 million people had diabetes by 2020 the number of diabetes cases will increase to 117 million.
Features and benefits
- Gain insight to market potential, including a robust 10-year epidemiology forecast of diabetes prevalent cases.
- Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors and drivers associated with diabetes in China.
- In 2010, there were 95 million cases of diabetes mellitus in China. Of these, 52 million and 43 million were found in rural and urban areas, respectively. By the end of 2020, Datamonitor estimates that the total prevalent cases of diabetes will increase to 117 million.
- The main drivers for the increase in type 2 diabetes are increasing urbanization rates (which are in turn associated with increased obesity) and population aging and growth.
Your key questions answered
- What is the estimated prevalence of type 1 and type 2 diabetes in China?
- Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors and drivers associated with diabetes.
- What are the major driving forces to the epidemiology of diabetes in China?