- Language: English
- 86 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: United States
Global Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities 2012-2015: Pharma, Diagnostics, and Research Industry Converge to Address Complex Disease Challenge
- ID: 2366459
- December 2012
- Region: Global
- 69 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan’s global life sciences team analyzes the impact of important changes and key trends across the total pharmaceutical/biotechnology, diagnostics, and life sciences research industries. This research deliverable captures the global life sciences trends and opportunities for the period of 2012-2015, as supported by Frost & Sullivan’s proprietary research and leading industry experts. Our global life sciences team is uniquely positioned to provide comprehensive analysis and guidance in the converging landscape. Topics include generics and biosimilars, emerging markets, pharmaceutical outsourcing, novel therapeutics, next generation diagnostics, research and development laboratories, and clinical laboratories.
This research deliverable summarizes the global life sciences trends and opportunities from 2012 to 2015 as supported by Frost & Sullivan proprietary research and leading industry experts.
Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Executive Summary, Global, 2012-2015
1 Frost & Sullivan has identified three growth strategies implemented by pharmaceutical companies in response to industry challenges: A focus on complex disease, open innovation programs, and emerging markets.
2 Pharmaceutical companies are leveraging specialized contract research organizations to enter emerging markets and biosimilar markets. Companion diagnostics co-developed for targeted therapies present opportunities for in vitro diagnostic companies to capture some of the pharmaceutical outsourcing market.
3 Disappearing government financing in research, laboratory workforce shortages, and a weakened economy contribute to the need for all laboratories to be more efficient. The effect of these restraining forces on the R&D and clinical laboratory industries is not expected to improve in the near-term.
4 Faster, more sensitive, and more cost-effective research tools enable shorter timelines between initial discovery and ending with novel tests and therapeutics that will impact modern healthcare. Frost & Sullivan identifies three technologies with this potential: next-generation sequencing, microRNA, and digital PCR.
5 Clinical genetic technologies have become integral to modern healthcare, and the molecular diagnostic, cancer diagnostics, and non-invasive prenatal testing segments provide clear indications for continuing double-digit revenue growth. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1 Executive Summary
2 Daunting Challenges for the Pharmaceutical Industry
3 Pharma’s New Growth Strategies
4 Curbing the Costs of Drug Development
5 Lean Laboratories—Doing More With Less
6 Novel Biomarker Discovery Leading to Novel Therapeutics
7 Genetic Technologies are Integral to Healthcare
10 The Frost & Sullivan Story
List of Exhibits
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Executive Summary, Global, 2012-2015
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Growth Areas Now and Developing, Global, 2012-2015
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Companies to Watch, Global, 2012-2015
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Competitive Companies Tracked by Frost & Sullivan, Global, 2012
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Future Outlook for Healthcare Compared to Present, Global, 2012-2015
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Key Mergers and Acquisitions by Pharmaceutical Companies, Global, 2010-2012
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Open Innovation—Pfizer and Novartis, Global, 2011
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Open Innovation—GlaxoSmithKline and Eli Lilly, Global, 2011
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Healthcare Expenditure, Global, 2010-2020
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Co-development Models, U.S., 2012
- Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Market: Level of Agreement that NIPT Should Replace Maternal Serum Screen, U.S., 2012
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Patent Expirations for Major Drugs, U.S., 2011-2016
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Patent Expirations for Top Biologics, U.S., 2011-2019
- Life Sciences Trends and Opportunities: Top M&A Deals, U.S., 2011-2016