Key Questions Answered:
- How much revenue was generated by medical imaging equipment shipments to customers across all geographic regions in 2012, and how is this figure expected to change from 2012 to 2017?
- What proportions of global medical imaging equipment market revenue were generated within each region of the world in 2012, and how are these proportions expected to change from 2012 to 2017?
- What proportions of global medical imaging equipment market revenue were contributed by each medical imaging modality in 2012, and how are these proportions expected to change from 2012 to 2017?
- What are the most important factors driving or restraining revenue growth in the general X-ray, mammographic X-ray, interventional X-ray, CT, ultrasound, MR, and molecular imaging market sectors?
- What opportunities and challenges exist for medical imaging equipment market participants in regions including North America, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia?
- How are vendors, healthcare providers, payors, regulators, and patients responding to or being impacted by ongoing transitions in medical imaging markets within each region of the world?
- Which competitors held the highest market revenue shares in the global medical imaging equipment market in 2012?
2. Research Overview
3. Analysis of the Global Medical Imaging Equipment Market
3.1 Market Segmentation and Revenue by Geographic Region
3.2 Market Segmentation and Revenue by Imaging Modality
3.3 Global Market Revenue Forecast by Geographic Region
3.4 Global Market Revenue Forecast by Imaging Modality
4. Modality Sector Analyses
4.1 General X-ray Imaging Equipment Sector Analysis
4.2 Mammographic X-ray Imaging Equipment Sector Analysis
4.3 Interventional X-ray Imaging Equipment Sector Analysis
4.4 Computed Tomography (CT) Imaging Equipment Sector Analysis
4.5 Ultrasound Imaging Equipment Sector Analysis
4.6 Magnetic Resonance (MR) Imaging Equipment Sector Analysis
4.7 Molecular Imaging Equipment Sector Analysis
5. Regional Market Analyses
5.1 North America
5.2 Latin America
5.4 Middle East & Africa
5.6 Asia and Oceania
6.1 Top Technology Trends
6.2 Evolving Technology Standards
7. Demand Analysis
7.1 Clinical Growth Areas
7.2 Global User Needs Assessment
8. Competitive Analysis
8.1 Key Competitor Market Shares
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Growing Competition in the Global Market
8.4 Noteworthy Mergers/Acquisitions
9. Strategic Recommendations
9.1 Adapting to Market Transitions—Developed Markets
9.2 Adapting to Market Transitions—Emerging Markets
9.3 Addressing Key Industry Challenges
9.4 Separating the Winners from the Losers
10.1 The Last Word—Three Big Predictions
11.1 Table of Abbreviations Used