- Language: English
- 290 Pages
- Published: February 2012
Hot Topic - Insights from Non-linear Pay TV Services in Latin America
- Published: September 2013
- Region: America, Latin America
- 50 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
Young consumers with evolving viewing habits, the prevalence of broadband services, and rise of smart devices have changed how television operates. This market insight research service analyzes non-linear pay tv services in Latin America and highlights how new consumer behavior is influencing the market. It benchmarks the competitive landscape and provides insights into effective market strategies for the region. Countries include Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil, with a special emphasis on Brazil. The base year is 2012 and the forecast period is 2013 to 2017.
- Analyze the drivers of market growth for the non-linear pay
TV services segment.
- Highlight new consumer behaviors.
- Provide benchmarking for the competitive landscape.
- Provide market participants insights for an effective
- Geographic coverage: Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Venezuela), with an emphasis on Brazil as it represents over half of the Latin American market revenue and number of subscribers.
- Forecast period: 2013-2017
- Base year: 2012
- Monetary units: US dollars
- Secondary research: Frost & Sullivan's online database, market participant reports, and media groups.
- Broadband growth is a big driver for connected products and mobility.
-- The market, fixed and mobile, is still in a growth phase.
-- In Brazil, fixed broadband penetration is going to double in the next 3 years.
-- Mobile broadband growth is a substantial driver of smartphones.
- Latin America, like the rest of the world, is experiencing a 'boom phase' for connected and smart devices.
-- Connected and smart devices are changing traditional consumer behavior and shaping how young consumers demand and absorb content.
- On-line and non-linear content is becoming more popular with this new behavior.
-- Advertisers and content delivery network (CDN) providers are already investing in these new channels.
- Within in the non-linear market, plenty of opportunities and room to grow exist for participants; the market is, indeed, both dynamic and growing quickly. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
3. The 3 Pillars of Non-linear Evolution—Broadband, Smart Devices, and OTT Services
4. Changing Customer Behavior
5. Impacts on the Pay TV Industry and its Competitive Landscape
6. Selected Case Studies
The Frost & Sullivan Story