- Language: English
- 121 Pages
- Published: April 2013
- Region: Palestine
The Insurance Industry in Palestine, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- ID: 2882093
- July 2014
- Region: Palestine
- 142 pages
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the insurance industry in Palestine, including:
- The Palestinian insurance industry’s growth prospects by insurance segment and category
- The competitive landscape in the Palestinian insurance industry
- The current trends and drivers of the Palestinian insurance industry
- Challenges facing the Palestinian insurance industry
- Detailed regulatory framework of the Palestinian insurance industry
The Palestinian insurance industry is small, untapped and in a period of growth. Until 2004, the entire insurance industry was highly disorganized due to the absence of an insurance law. However, the situation ended later that year with the establishment of the Palestine Capital Market Authority (PCMA) as the insurance regulator. With the enactment of the Insurance Law 2005, the number of licensed insurance companies operating in the country reached 10 as of 2013.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Palestine:
- It provides historical values for the Palestinian insurance industry for the report’s 2009–2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Palestinian insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Palestine, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Palestinian insurance industry and each segment within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Palestinian insurance industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Palestinian insurance industry.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Palestinian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future.
- In terms of gross written premium, the Palestinian insurance industry grew at a review period CAGR of 8.7%.
- The Palestinian insurance industry is small, untapped and in a period of growth. Until 2004, the entire insurance industry was highly disorganized due to the absence of an insurance law.
- The National Security Committee is planning to roll out social security schemes to provide cover to all private sector employees by 2015.
- The Palestinian insurance industry is dominated by the non-life segment.
- The life segment is highly concentrated, with the top two companies accounting for 80.2% of the total gross written premium in 2013.
- Unemployment in Palestine is a major ongoing issue for the development of the country’s insurance industry. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Palestinian Insurance Industry Overview
3.1 Palestinian Insurance Industry
3.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
4 Industry Segmentation
4.1 Life Insurance
4.1.1 Individual life insurance
4.2 Non-Life Insurance
4.2.1 Property insurance
4.2.2 Motor insurance
4.2.3 Liability insurance
4.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
4.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance
4.3.1 Personal accident insurance
4.3.2 Health insurance
5 Governance, Risk and Compliance
5.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
5.2 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
5.2.1 Life insurance
5.2.2 Property insurance
5.2.3 Motor insurance
5.2.4 Liability insurance
5.2.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
5.2.6 Personal accident and health insurance
5.3 Compulsory Insurance
5.3.1 Motor liability insurance
5.3.2 Workers’ compensation insurance
5.4 Supervision and Control
5.4.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
5.4.2 Palestine Capital Market Authority (PCMA)
5.4.3 Palestinian Insurance Federation (PIF)
5.5 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
5.5.3 Market practices
5.5.4 Fines and penalties
5.6 Company Registration and Operations
5.6.1 Types of insurance organization
5.6.2 Establishing a local company
5.6.3 Foreign ownership
5.6.4 Types of license
5.6.5 Capital requirements
5.6.6 Solvency margins
5.6.7 Reserve requirements
5.6.8 Investment regulations
5.6.9 Statutory return requirements
5.6.10 Fee structure
5.7.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
5.7.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
5.7.3 Corporate tax
5.8 Legal System
5.8.2 Access to court
5.8.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
6 Competitive Landscape
6.2 Leading Companies
6.2.1 Trust International Insurance – company overview
6.2.2 National Insurance Company – company overview
6.2.3 Global United Insurance – company overview
6.2.4 Al-Takaful Palestinian Insurance – company overview
6.2.5 Al-Mashreq Insurance – company overview
7 Economic Indicators
7.1 GDP at Constant Prices (US$)
7.2 Unemployment Rate (% of Total Labor Force)
8.2 Contact Timetric
8.3 About Timetric
8.4 Timetric’s Services
Trust International Insurance
National Insurance Company
Global United Insurance
Al-Takaful Palestinian Insurance