• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Analyzing Global Opportunities in the OLED Market
Frost & Sullivan, May 2012, Pages: 117
This research service provides an in-depth analysis of the organic light-emitting diode (OLED) market, with a particular focus on AMOLED and PMOLED technologies. It includes segmentation by technology, application, and geographical region. The study highlights market drivers and restraints, revenue forecasts, and a competitive analysis. An overview of technology trends and a growth strategy analysis are included. The OLED industry is in its infancy and aims to produce low-cost electronics for applications not envisioned with traditional silicon-based electronics.
- Organic light emitting diode (OLED) technology is promising, especially for lighting and display applications. The OLED market is in the early growth stage, and several research activities are in progress.
- Even though a few OLED products are available, much more commercialization and standardization is anticipated in the next five years.
- Existing applications of OLEDs are in MP3 players, digital cameras, mobile phones, and devices in automobiles. Potential applications include flat-panel displays, sign boards, domestic home lighting, and other consumer electronic products.
- The market is driven by the growth of active matrix OLED (AMOLED) displays in smart phones.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the OLED market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies continue to exist, or will they be acquired by other companies? Will the products become features in other markets?
- Which are the high-growth segments/cash cows, and how is the market segmented in terms of applications?
- Are the products offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Total OLED Market -
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
Display Segment Breakdown
- Mobile Display Subsegment Breakdown
- Television Display Subsegment Breakdown
- Tablet/PC Display Subsegment Breakdown
- Other Display Subsegment Breakdown
Lighting Segment Breakdown
North America Breakdown
Central and Eastern Europe Breakdown
Western Europe Breakdown
Rest of World Breakdown
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.