- Language: English
- 155 Pages
- Published: January 2013
- Region: United States
Strategic Update of North American Light Commercial Vehicles Telematics Market: Exploring Opportunities in an Industry Expected to Double by 2018
- ID: 2372917
- December 2012
- Region: North America, United States
- 130 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
This research service provides a strategic overview of the light commercial vehicles telematics market in North America. The study discusses the penetration of embedded telematics and the addressable market. It sheds light on the low penetration percentage among Class 1-3 vehicles and discusses key challenges and market drivers and restraints. The research service highlights key trends for wireless providers and new value chain partners. Overall, the study provides insights in the industry by discussing different business models, solutions, future outlook, technology, and services. The base year is 2011, with a forecast period of 2012 to 2018.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
The industry is moving toward integrating Fleet Management Solutions (FMS) with enterprise solutions to provide a business platform rather than a mere track-and-trace functionality.
1 Non-automotive participants are entering the market by way of acquisitions and white labels.
2 The market growth will be least motivated by regulatory mandates and will primarily driven by risk and liability decisions.
3 FMS are integrating with various applications and have provided to be a versatile approach in tracking mobile resources.
4 Increase in fuel prices and cost containment are driving fleets for operational efficiencies.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the business environment of the light commercial vehicles telematics market, the dynamics, and its impact?
- What are the adoption levels for embedded, portable, and smartphones solutions?
- What are the regulatory trends and what type of solutions will have high penetration in the future?
- What are the adoption levels by industry served?
- Who are the key participants in the light commercial vehicles telematics market in North America and what is the level of involvement of OEMs in this space? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope, Objectives, Background and Methodology
- Definitions and Segmentation
- Market Overview
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints - LCV Telematics Market
- Forecast and Trends - LCV Telematics Market
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis - LCV Telematics Market
- LCV Telematics Market Trends
- Key Trends
- Market Participants Profile
- Conclusions and Future Outlook