- Language: English
- 1200 Pages
- Published: March 2014
2013 Preqin Private Equity Fund Terms Advisor
- Published: September 2013
- 211 Pages
The 2013 Preqin Private Equity Fund Terms Advisor - A comprehensive guide to private equity fund terms and conditions
The 2013 Preqin Private Equity Fund Terms Advisor is the most comprehensive guide to private equity fund terms and conditions ever produced. The publication and complimentary online module contain vital analysis, benchmarks and actual listings of key terms for funds of all types, latest barometer of LP opinions and more...
Now in its eighth year, the Private Equity Fund Terms Advisor is widely regarded as a leading industry publication, providing insightful and impartial detailed analysis on all aspects of fund terms and conditions across all different fund types, sizes and regions. Complete with essential commentary necessary for you to gain a firm understanding in order to attract capital with the most favourable fund terms and conditions in the ever-cautious investment universe.
Benefits of the 2013 Preqin Fund Term Advisor include:
- Actual terms and conditions data (on an anonymous basis) for over 2,000 funds, including management fees and mechanisms for reduction after the investment period, carry, carry distribution methods, hurdles/preferred return, fee rebates, no-fault divorce clause, GP commitments, investment period and more. Analysis is given on an individual fund type basis across vintage years, size and region where possible.
- Benchmark terms and conditions data for funds of all different types: buyout, venture capital, real estate, infrastructure, distressed, mezzanine, fund of funds, secondaries and more…
- Results of our LP survey - the most comprehensive study ever conducted, providing exclusive insight into current opinions on fund terms and conditions.
- Data and analysis on the actual fees and costs incurred by LPs, with listings showing costs for over 1,300 named vehicles.
- Complimentary access to our updated Fund Terms Advisor Online product – model the real economic impact of fund terms and conditions, and download detailed fund terms for even greater analysis.
Plus comprehensive analysis on all aspects of private equity fund terms and conditions including:
- How conditions have changed over time;
- What variations exist amongst funds of different types, sizes and regions;
- Important non-economic terms that affect the GP-LP relationship.
The 2013 Preqin Fund Term Advisor is a vital tool for all private equity firms, placement agents and law firms involved in the fund formation process. It also contains valuable intelligence for all those investing in private equity, and for those advising LPs.
To analyze the latest trends and statistics for private equity fund terms and conditions, Preqin goes to extraordinary lengths in order to collect as much accurate raw data as possible.
Getting the exclusive data
With over 80 research analysts globally, Preqin has completed questionnaires directly with hundreds of fund managers over the past seven editions and worked with placement agents and fund of funds managers across the world, to gain access to as many PPMs as possible for all different fund types, geographies and sizes across all recent vintage years. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
3. Data Sources
4. Study of LP Attitudes towards Fund Terms Results of interviews with over 100 LPs
5. Fund Financial Model
Key variables, impact of key terms on costs and net returns, economics of direct and fund of funds investment for LPs
6. Management Fees
Duration of investment period, management fees during investment
period, fee reductions after investment period, rebates of deal-related fees against management fees. Analysis by fund type, size and vintage.
7. Performance Fees
Structure of distribution of fund proceeds, hurdle rate/preferred return, carried interest, GP catch-up rate
Key-man clause, no-fault divorce clause, LP advisory committee, fund diversification
9. Fund Formation and Costs
GP commitments, minimum LP commitments
Benchmark average terms by fund type and size
11. Fund Listings - Key Terms and Conditions
Listings of key terms and conditions by fund type and vintage
12. Actual Fees and Costs Incurred by LPs Net fees by investment year, net fees by fund type and size
13. Net Cost Listings - Actual Fees
Listings by fund type and vintage
14. Law Firms
An overview of leading law firms in fund formation
15. Online Fund Terms Advisor
Features of the online Fund Terms Advisor, guidelines for use