- Language: English
- 26 Pages
- Published: May 2012
- Region: United States
Asia-Pacific Online Payment Methods Report 2013 - First Half 2013
- ID: 2562459
- May 2013
- Region: Asia
- 59 Pages
- yStats GmbH & Co. KG
Online and mobile payments are increasing in Asia-Pacific, with new channels emerging
The recent “Asia-Pacific Online Payment Methods Report 2013 – First Half 2013“ provides information about the movement toward online and mobile purchase transactions. The report is based on recently published information from a variety of sources and details the latest trends and news on the topic, with projections of continued growth in the next few years.
Meanwhile, in the Asia-Pacific region, mobile payment methods increased in awareness of consumers in 2012, with over two-thirds of those acquainted with the methods willing to use digital wallets and SMS payments in 2013. In Japan, the e-money market was dominated by payment providers operated by large retailers, banks and mobile operators.
In South Korea, the e-money grew in popularity as a payment method in online shopping, while card remained the main online payment method. In 2013, financial authorities in South Korea plan to tighten regulations on mobile and online payment market, especially in online gaming.
The total online payment transaction value in China demonstrated strong quarter-on-quarter growth in 2011-2012. Third-party online payments, which are used by around a third of online shoppers in China, were especially on the rise. Also, Alipay launched a mobile wallet application in China, offering online-to-offline payments. In India, direct debit accounted for over a half of B2C E-Commerce payment transactions in 2012.
In Australia, credit cards dominated the online payments market, while in New Zealand mobile payments developed due to increasing share of smartphone users conducting online banking via their mobile devices.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information they ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
2. Asia-Pacific (Regional)
- Awareness of Mobile Payment Methods, by Type, in % of Consumers, December 2012
- Share of Consumers Willing to Use Mobile Payment in the Coming 12 Months, in % of Consumers Aware With the Method, by Type, December 2012
3. Japan (Top Country)
- Online and Mobile Payment Trends, 2012
- Total E-Payment Transactions Value, in JPY trillion, and Year-on-Year Growth, in %, H1 2010- H1 2012
- Mobile Payment News about MasterCard and NTT DOCOMO, October 2012
4. South Korea (Top Country)
- Breakdown of E-Commerce Sales by Payment Method, in %, Q3 2011 vs. Q3 2012e
- Online and Mobile Payment Trends, 2012/2013
- Mobile Payment News about Hana SK Card, 2013
5. China (Top Country)
- Used Online Payment Methods, by Used at Least Once and Most Frequently Used, in % of Online Payment Users, 2012e
- Online Payment Trends, 2012 and Perception of Payment Security, in % of Internet Users, June 2012
- Total Online Payment Transaction Value, in CNY billion, and in % Growth, Q2 2011 – Q3 2012
- GMV of Third-Party Online Payment and Growth in %, 2009-2016f
- Breakdown of Third-Party Online Payment GMV, by Segment, in %, 2012
- Breakdown of Third-Party Online Payment Market, by Players, in %, Q3 2012
- Number of Online Payment Users and Number of Mobile Payment Users, in millions, 2011 & 2012
- Online Payment Penetration Rate, in % of Internet Users, 2011 & 2012 and Mobile Penetration Rate, in % of Mobile Internet Users, 2011 & 2012
- Mobile Payment Trends, 2012
- GMV of Third-Party Mobile Payment and Growth in %, 2009-2016f
- Breakdown of Third-Party Mobile Payment GMV, by Segment, in %, 2009-2016f
- Breakdown of Confidence in Future of Mobile Payment Usage, in % of Consumers, November 2011
- Total Online Banking Transaction Value, in USD trillion, 2009-2014f
- Mobile Payment News about Alipay, 2012/2013
- Most Trusted Online Payment Methods, in % of Online Shoppers, September 2012
- Breakdown of Volume and Value of Online Payments in %, by Method, and in % Growth, 2011/2012, and Breakdown of Volume and Value of Online Retail Payments, by Payment Method, in %, 12 Months to June 2012
- Share of Online Payments on Total Number and Total Value of Non-Cash Retail Payments, in %, 2011/2012
- Awareness, Ownership and Usage of Contactless Payment Cards, in % of Consumers, September 2011, March 2012, and September 2012
- Frequency of Contactless Payments, in % of Consumers, September 2012
- Online Payment Trends, 2012
- Online Payment News about Bangladesh Post Office, 2012/2013
8. Hong Kong
- Mobile Payment Market Trends and Mobile Payment News about Hang Seng, 2012/2013
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales by Payment Method, in %, Q2 2012
- Online Payment News about Citrus Pay, March 2013
- Most Used Payment Methods in B2C E-Commerce, in % of Online Shoppers, April 2012
- Online Payment News about PT Midtrans and MidPlaza Group, October 2012
11. New Zealand
- Mobile Banking Trends, 2012 and Share of Smartphone Users Conducting Online Banking via Smartphone, in %, January 2012 & December 2012
- Online Payment News about Western Union, 2012/2013
- Online Payment News about PChomePay and Alipay, March 2013
- Bangladesh Post Office
- Citrus Pay
- Hana SK Card
- Hang Seng
- NTT DOCOMO
- PT Midtrans
- Western Union