- Language: English
- 51 Pages
- Published: July 2015
Analysis of the Global Semiconductors Market in Next Generation Mobile Computing
- ID: 2702418
- November 2013
- Region: Global
- 54 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
The global semiconductors market in next generation mobile computing is in its growth stage and mostly driven by smartphone growth and long-term evolution (LTE) deployment. This research service provides an analysis of the global semiconductors market in next generation mobile computing. The study covers the mobile device and infrastructure segments and divides markets by global, North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific/Rest of Word. The study discusses the various drivers, restraints, and challenges that affect each regional market, identified by Frost & Sullivan through its in-depth market research methodology. Additionally, the study discusses a revenue forecast analysis from 2009 to 2019 for the global and regional markets.
For the scope of this study, semiconductors in next generation mobile computing are tracked by the following segments:
Mobile device segment
- Mobile feature phones and smartphones
- Media tablets
Mobile infrastructure segment
- Global system for mobile communication/enhanced data rate for global evolution (GSM/EDGE)
- Code division multiple access (CDMA)
- Time division-synchronous code division multiple access (TD-SCDMA)
- Wideband code division multiple access/high speed packet access (WCDMA/HSPA)
- Long term evolution (LTE)
The semiconductors tracked in each of the above segments include the following sub-segments:
- Digital signal processors (DSP)
- Mobile radio frequency (RF): components such as switches, power amplifiers, transceivers, and filters
- Wireless semiconductors: including Wi-Fi, WiMAX, WiGiG*
- Flash memory
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current market scenario? Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- In what stage is this market? Will these products continue to be in demand, or will they be replaced by other lower-end products?
- How will the structure of the market change over time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development necessary? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Semiconductors Market in Next Generation Mobile Computing
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecast and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
The Last Word
1. Explosive growth of feature and smartphones will drive semiconductors worldwide through the forecast period.
2. Device penetration has saturated developed geographies such as North America and Europe, which results in slow growth.
3. APAC and ROW are the hotspots for semiconductor growth in the mobile computing segment.
4. WCDMA/HSPA and LTE will dominate the global mobile subscriptions by 2018.
5. LTE technology will form the basis for future 4G postpaid subscriptions; however, WiMAX* still stands a fair chance with 4G prepaid subscriptions.