- Language: English
- Published: May 2014
- Region: Global
- ID: 2237586
- October 2012
- 232 Pages
- Elsevier Science and Technology
The world is facing a drinking water crisis. Besides continuous population growth, uneven distribution of water resources and periodic droughts have forced scientists to search for new and effective water treatment, remediation and recycling technologies. Therefore, there is a great need for the development of suitable, inexpensive and rapid wastewater treatment and reuse or conservation methods. This title discusses different types of wastewater treatment, remediation and recycling techniques, like adsorption, membrane filtration and reverse osmosis. It also provides guidance for the selection of the appropriate technologies or their combinations for specific applications so that one can select the exact and accurate technology without any problem. The book comprises detailed discussion on the application of various technologies for water treatment, remediation and recycling technologies and provides an update on the development in water treatment, detailed analysis of their features and economic analysis, bridging the current existing information gap. Each chapter is also documented by references and updated citations.
- Provides guidance for the selection of the appropriate technologies to industrialists and government authorities for the selection of exact, inexpensive technologies for specific problem solving
- Discusses the developments of inexpensive and rapid wastewater treatment, remediation and recycling
- Gives information on the application of analytical techniques, such as GC, LC, IR, and XRF for analysing and measuring water
- Provides an updated development in water treatment technologies, detailed analysis of their features and economic analysis, enabling to choose a problem-specific solution
- Completely updates the current knowledge in this field, bridging the current existing information gap SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Preface Acknowledgements About the Authors 1. Introduction 2. Water Treatment for Inorganic Pollutants by Adsorption Technology 3. Water Treatment for Organic Pollutants by Adsorption Technology 4. Water Treatment by Reverse Osmosis Method 5. Water Treatment by Membrane Filtration Techniques 6. Water Treatment by Electrical Technologies 7. Wastewater Treatment by Biological Methods 8. Perspectives of Water Treatment, Remediation and Recycling Index
Professor Vinod Kumar Gupta is Full Professor in Chemistry and the Indian Insitute of Technology, Roorkee, India. He published more than 290 papers, cited more than 7500 with h index = 51. He is editorial board member for more than 19 international journals.
Dr. Imran is associate professor at the Jamia Millia Islamia University, in Delhi, India. He published more than 200 publications in journal and fouir books, and is on the editorial board of five international Journals. He is life member of the Indian Society of Analytical Scientists.His research work in organo-analytical and environmental chemistry by using HPLC and CE is internationally highly recognized. He is research advisor at the American Biographical Institute Inc. USA.