- Language: English
- Published: January 2014
- Region: Global
IT Job Descriptions: Information Technology Position Descriptions Handiguide®
- Published: January 2014
- Region: Global
- 750 Pages +
- Janco Associates, Inc
The Internet and IT Position Descriptions HandiGuide® was completed in 2014 and is over 700 pages; which includes sample organization charts, a job progression matrix, and 263 Internet and IT job descriptions. The book also addresses Fair Labor Standards, the ADA, and is in a new easier to read format. To see the what has changed go to our version history.
263 IT Job Descriptions and Organization Charts
Latest job descriptions meet all mandated compliance requirements and include updates for BYOD and ERP. Now includes job description for Chief Mobility Officer...
260 IT Job Descriptions
Having proper job descriptions has always been a good practice, because it helps management focus on the skills, background and knowledge necessary for an employee to perform the job.
A well-written job description is one of the best investments an organization can make because it can be used in so many ways, including job evaluation, performance appraisals, reorganization, training, development and career planning.
Written and standardized job descriptions are now a necessity because:
- They provide guidance to both the employee and the employer on what is expected and can be use in performance evaluations
- They provide protection from ADA lawsuits when the descriptions include a definition of the essential job functions
- They meet compliance requirements with federal, state and local laws and are the best proof that treatment of an employee or individual was related to ability and performance, and not because of a protected class
- Assistance in determining Exempt vs. Non-exempt status with a definition of the essential functions of the job in a job description, you can make a determination on whether a person should be exempt or not from minimum wage and overtime laws.
The Internet and IT Job Descriptions HandiGuide has just been updated and now includes 261 full multi-page content for each. The descriptions are so complete that they can be use for compensation and job grade rankings as well as meeting ALL mandated federal, state, local, and industry requirements. is in its data capture stage.
HandiGuide & Job Descriptions - PDF format
The Internet and IT Position Descriptions comes in PDF format The PDF book is over 750 pages in length and contains 263 Job Descriptions in addition to a Job Progression Matrix Template, Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form), Job Evaluation Questionnaire, and Position Description Questionnaire.
Includes positions from CIO, CSO and CTO to Wireless and Metrics Mangers. All of the positions in the book have been created to reflect the technology world of 2014. PDF file can be printed and viewed only. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Also included with the HandiGuide are tools to help you expand, evaluate and define your enterprise's unique additional required. Those tools include:
- Job Evaluation Questionnaire
- Position Description Questionnaire
- Job Progression Matrix (Job Family Classifications)
- Sexual Harassment and other key employment issues
- Best Practices for resume screening
- Best Practices for phone screening
- Employee Termination Checklist (Electronic Form)
The 263 positions include all of the functions within the IT group. The Job Descriptions have been updated to be compliant with PCI-DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, CobiT, and the ITIL standards. The job descriptions are all structured to focus on "Best Practices" as defined by the IT Productivity Center to meet the requirements of World Class Enterprises. They are ready to use and easily modified to meet your enterprise's unique requirements.
- Chief Information Officer(CIO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) - Small Enterprise
- Chief Security Officer (CSO)
- Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Director Electronic Commerce
- Director Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Manager Data Security/Special Project Supervisor
- Disaster Recovery Coordinator
- Internet/Intranet Administrator
- Manager Metrics
- Metrics Measurement Analyst
- Manager Wireless Systems
- PCI-DSS Coordinator
- Object Programmer
- UNIX System Administrator
- Windows System Administrator
The positions include all of the functions within the IT group.
- Executive Management
- Senior Management
- Middle Management
- Staff Positions