- Published: March 2012
- Region: Africa, Brazil, China, India, Russia, South Africa
Clinical research in Asia: Opportunities and challenges
- Published: May 2012
- Region: Global, Asia
- 412 Pages
- Woodhead Publishing Ltd
Asia is increasingly taking on a leading role in the fields of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and ethics, two areas that are central to clinical research practices worldwide.
Clinical Research in Asia examines the evolution of these key sectors in the Asian countries where the greatest developments are taking place, offering valuable perspectives on a wide range of issues affecting clinical research. Following an introduction that provides an overview of the topic and its strengths and weaknesses, each chapter of the book is devoted to clinical research in a specific country, focusing on issues including the history and evolution of clinical research, clinical trials and regulatory aspects. The chapters also offer a perspective on future trends in clinical research in each country. The book concludes with a discussion of the importance of political, economic, socio-cultural, technological, legal and environmental factors (PESTLE analysis).
- Clinical research in Asia
- Clinical research in Japan
- Clinical research in China
- Clinical research in India
- Clinical research in Taiwan
- Clinical research in South Korea
- Clinical research in Singapore
- Clinical research in Thailand
- Clinical research in Philippines
- Clinical research in Malaysia
- Clinical research in Vietnam.
Dr Umakanta Sahoo is Executive Director for Asia Pacific and Managing Director for India at Chiltern, a Contract Research Organisation. He is a bioscience graduate with an MBA and PhD in Management, and has over 17 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and CRO sector.