- Language: English
- 75 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Africa, Australia, China, Global, India, Japan, Latin America, Middle East, Singapore, South Korea
Analysis of the Global Dimensional Metrology Market in the Medical Device Industry
- Published: April 2013
- Region: Global
- 95 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
The role of dimensional metrology in the medical device industry is in a nascent stage. Several market participants are exploring opportunities that are currently emerging in this space. This market engineering research service primarily focuses on dimensional metrology in orthopedic and dental implants, stents and catheters. The service provides revenue forecasts, outlines geographic trends, highlights market drivers and restraints and offers a market share analysis. Region breakdowns are provided for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World. The study period is from 2009 to 2017, with a base year of 2012.
The North American and European markets are the two biggest markets for the dimensional metrology industry and are expected to remain so until the end
of the forecast period. In the future, the demand and supply is expected to shift to Asian countries, such as India and China, as medical manufacturers
slowly try to increase production capabilities in low-cost countries.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the global medical devices growing; how will it continue to grow and at what rate ?
- Are existing competitors structured to meet customer needs?
- What metrology technologies are preferred the most?
- Which of the regional markets holds most of the growth opportunities for VMMs, bridge-type CMMs, and ODS market?
- What economic factors are expected to affect the dimensional metrology market for the medical device industry ? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Total Dimensional Metrology Market in the Medical Device Industry
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Bridge-type Coordinate Measuring Machines
- Vision Measuring Machines
- Optical Digitizer and Scanner Market
- North American Breakdown
- European Breakdown
- Asia-Pacific Breakdown
- Rest of World Breakdown
- The Last Word