2016 U.S. POC/Decentralized Diagnostic Testing Market: Supplier Shares, Volume and Sales Forecasts for 300 Tests, Emerging Technologies, Competitive Strategies
- ID: 3494492
- November 2015
- Region: United States
- 1172 pages
- VPG Market Research
This new 1,172-page report contains 256 tables, and provides a comprehensive analysis of the10 major POC market segments, including their dynamics, size, growth, regulatory requirements, technological trends, competitive landscape, and emerging opportunities for instrument and consumable suppliers. This report will help diagnostic product suppliers develop effective business, R&D and marketing strategies.
The growing economic pressures on hospitals, coupled with advances in diagnostic technologies, intensifying competition among suppliers and physicians, and changing consumer demands are shifting diagnostic testing from hospitals and commercial laboratories closer to the patient.
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Review of the10 major POC market segments, including their dynamics, trends, structure,
size, growth and major suppliers.
- Five-year test volume and reagent sales forecasts for over 300 chemistry,
immunodiagnostic, microbiology, hematology and coagulation procedures by market
- Home/Personal Testing
- Physician Offices/Group Practices
- Emergency Rooms
- Operating/Recovery Suites
- Cancer Clinics
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Surgery Centers
- Nursing Homes
- Birth Centers
and by test category:
- Routine and Special Chemistry
- Microbiology/Infectious Diseases
- Flow Cytometry
- Drugs of Abuse
- Endocrine Function
- Tumor Markers
Sales and Market Share Analysis
- Sales and market shares of major reagent and instrument suppliers.
Current and Emerging Products
- Analysis of over 130 diagnostic procedures.
- Review of leading chemistry, immunoassay, hematology and coagulation analyzers, both
currently marketed and those in development, including their operating characteristics,
features and selling prices.
- Emerging technologies and their applications for POC testing.
- Comprehensive listings of companies developing or marketing POC diagnostic technologies
and products, by test.
- Assessments of major suppliers and emerging market entrants, including their sales, product
portfolios, marketing tactics, joint ventures, and new products in R&D.
- Specific opportunities for new POC instruments and reagent systems with potentially
significant market appeal during the next five years.
- Design criteria for POC testing products.
- Alternative business expansion strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
This report is based on a combination of primary and secondary sources of
information, including review of recent technical and business publications,
manufacturer product literature, industry analyst reports, and proprietary data files.
Contains 1,172 pages and256 table SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- ADI/American Diagnostica/Sekisui
- Agilent Technologies
- Beckman Coulter/Danaher
- Becton Dickinson
- Decode Genetics
- Diagnostica Stago/Trinity Biotech
- Eiken Chemical
- EKF Diagnostics
- Helena Laboratories
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- International Technidyne/Nexus DX
- Kyowa Medex
- Mackay Life Sciences
- Nihon Kohden
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
- Takara Bio