- Language: English
- Published: August 2012
- Region: Global
In-Depth Survey on China Car Rental Market, 2013-2014
- Published: November 2013
- Region: China
- 81 Pages
- Huidian Research
For recent years, under the influences of the improvement of consumption capability, the diversification of commercial demand, the development of tourism and other factors, China’s car rental market will develop more quickly and the demand for car rental of Chinese people will continuously change; having an insight into China’s car rental market changes and catering to such changes have become the common challenge of the car rental enterprises and manufacturing enterprises.
In order to accurately grasp the industry status quo and future development trends of China’s car rental market and analyze the market characteristics of different regions, Huidian Research conducts the in-depth survey on China’s car rental market, together with the car rental industry management departments and major car rental enterprises across China.
There is a total sample of 63 car rental companies in this survey, involving 13 cities, including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Wuxi, Wenzhou, Ningbo, Nanchang, Shaoxing, Guiyang, Qingdao and Tianjin. The respondent cities have a large coverage, including political and financial center cities and the Yangtze River Delta and Pearl River Delta with developed economy; these cities are also the developed regions with the car rental business. This report offers the decisive reference for you to comprehensively know and invest such a field.
- Among the respondents, the car rental companies have developed more quickly in Beijing, Qingdao, Ningbo and Wuxi in recent four years.
- The ownership of rental vehicles has showed the rising trend in all these respondents. Among them, the ownership increase is larger in Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao and Hangzhou.
- The total market scale of car rental in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou accounts for more than 50% of the total scale of the respondents, which are the mainstream market.
- Among the respondents, car purchase capital of car rental companies mainly have four sources. Among them, by way of the self-owned funds accounts for 56.1%; by way of bank loans is 24.4%.
- Among the respondents, the mainly usage of enterprise users is for the business reception, accounting for 24.1%. The mainly usage of individual users is for the travel leisure, accounting for 27.1%.
- The satisfaction of major brands of car rental companies: Among the level A cars, Jetta has the satisfaction degree of 32.5%, Elantra of 18.5% and Peugeot 307 of 15%. Among the level B cars, Buick has the satisfaction degree of 32.5%, Passat of 20% and Santana 2000 of 14%. Among the Level C cars, Audi has the satisfaction degree of 75%, BMW of 12% and Benz of 7%.
With the improvement of people’s living standards, their consumption concept is also changing; the increase of car maintenance fees and the inconvenience of traffic are the two major factors that the people choose the car rental. With the simplifying of car rental procedures and the improvement of service, more and more consumers will choose the car rented as the travel means, which brings an opportunity for China’s car rental market to develop further.
Please note: The report is immediately available in Chinese. The English version will be delivered in 3-5 business day. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. China’s Car Rental Market Environment
2. Market Structure of Car Rental Industry among Respondent Cities
3. China’s Car Rental Market Changes
4. Demand Structure of Car Rental Companies among Respondent Cities
5. China's Major Car Rental Market Research
- China Auto Rental Holdings Inc. (CAR)
- e Hi Auto Services Limited
- Shenzhen Top One Car Rental Co., Ltd