• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
E-Learning Course - Essential GMP for Microbiologists (Certified)
This course covers everything an entry-level microbiologist needs to know about current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) in a microbiological laboratory.
It begins by introducing the different types of microorganisms that can contaminate medicinal products. It then goes on to introduce GMP and explain its importance in a microbiology laboratory and the rules and guidelines for handling infectious material.
This course consists of the following e-learning modules:
(1) Basic Microbiology
Introduces microorganisms and the impact they have on pharmaceutical products.
(2) GMP for Microbiology
The importance of GMP in a microbiology laboratory and the rules and guidelines for handling infectious material.
This is a self paced highly visual interactive e-Learning Module, with a full audio voiceover, which can be taken online. It has a 16 question multiple choice Assessment which the Trainee can perform once they have completed the module. For the Certified option, a hard copy certificate is mailed to the Trainee, once they have achieved a score of 100% in their Assessment.
Lesson 1 - Basic Microbiology
This Skillpad Module is ideal for both new and existing employees in the Pharmaceutical Industry, where aseptic processes are employed. The Module introduces microorganisms and the impact they have on pharmaceutical products.
- Describe what microorganisms are
- Describe where microorganisms are found
- Explain how pharmaceutical products can be protected from contamination
- List the sources of microbiological contamination in pharmaceutical products
- Name two different types of microorganisms
Lesson 2 - GMP for Microbiology
This Skillpad Microbiology Laboratory GMP Module is ideal for both new and existing employees in the Pharmaceutical Industries, who are required to work according to the regulations of 21 CFR 210 and 211, or Eudralex Volume 4. The Module explains the importance of GMP in a microbiology laboratory and the rules and guidelines for handling infectious material.
- Define GMP and state who it applies to in a microbiology laboratory
- Describe how spills are handled
- Describe the requirements when preparing for work in terms of using dedicated areas, swabbing benches, preparing media and use of pipettes
- Describe the rules and guidelines for handling an incoming sample
- Explain sample storage
- List the areas in a microbiology laboratory that GMP is applied to
- List what needs to be labeled in a microbiology laboratory