• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
2013 Worldwide Periodical Publishing Industry-Industry & Market Report
Barnes Reports, December 2012, Pages: 104
The 2013 Worldwide Periodical Publishing Industry-Industry & Market Report, published annually , contains timely and accurate industry statistics, forecasts and demographics.
The report features 2013 current and 2014 forecast estimates on the size of the industry (sales, establishments, employment) for the 47 largest world countries, such as Japan, China, India, Russia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, UK, France, Germany, Italy and U.S.. The report also includes industry definition, 5-year historical trends on industry sales, establishments and employment and estimates on up to 10 sub-industries, including magazine publishing and printing, trade journals, television schedules, and comic books.
Barnes Reports' Industry & Market reports are an essential part of any GAP analysis, benchmarking project, SWOT analysis, business plan, risk analysis, or growth-share matrix.
NAICS 51112: Periodical Publishing . Establishments primarily engaged in publishing periodicals, or in publishing and printing periodicals. These establishments carry on the various operations necessary for issuing periodicals, but may or may not perform their own printing. Establishments not engaged in publishing periodicals, but which print periodicals for publishers, are classified in SIC 2752-2759.
- Book Publishing
- Newspaper Publishing
- Commercial Printing
- Periodical Printing
U.S. Census Categories
NAICS 51112 – Periodical Publishing is 100% comparable to
SIC 2721 – Periodical Publishing
- Periodical Publishing Industry
- Periodicals, publishing only
- Comic books: publishing only, not printed on site
- Magazines: publishing only, not printed on site
- Statistical reports (periodicals): publishing only
- Television schedules: publishing only, not printed on site
- Trade journals: publishing only, not printed on site
- Periodicals, publishing and printing
- Comic books: publishing and printing
- Magazines: publishing and printing
- Statistical reports (periodicals): publishing and printing
- Television schedules: publishing and printing
- Trade journals: publishing and printing
48-Appendix: Definitions & Terms