The Chinese government is going all out to boost the growth of renewable energy in the country. By 2020, the government has targeted to raise the mix of renewable energy in its overall energy share to six percent.
With the support from the government, the Chinese solar power market has been growing exponentially in recent years. Furthermore, the cost of solar power in China is likely to fall by 20 percent in the coming five years as China prepares to embark on a large-scale application of green energy from 2015.
According to the National Energy Administration, the price of solar in China is expected to fall below 0.8 Yuan a kilowatt hour by 2015 as the country plans to achieve 10 gigawatts of installed solar capacity as part of the 12th Five Year Plan (2011-2015).
Taiyou Research analyzes this lucrative industry in its research report China Solar Power Market.
The report covers the following:
- An analysis of the renewable energy market in China through market profile, market statistics, market segmentation, growth of renewables in China, energy security issues facing China, and China's 12th Five Year Plan and what it holds for the development of renewable energy.
- Analysis of Why China Needs Renewable Energy.
- Market drivers and factors impacting the Chinese renewable energy industry.
- We look at the market outlook for the Chinese Renewable Energy Industry as well.
Moving on to Chapter 2 of the report, we analyze the Chinese Solar Power Market. This section of the report covers the following:
- Analysis of China's solar potential - we look at Why China Needs Solar Power, the market for solar power in China, solar resources, solar power installations, profitability of the sector, development of feed-in-tariffs for solar power in China, role of the Renewable Energy Law on the solar power sector, and the profile of some Chinese solar power projects.
- Analysis of the solar potential in China's provinces. We particularly look at Eastern and Western China, along with the national average level of solar radiation resources in the provinces.
- Regulatory framework driving the solar power industry in China.
- Market for solar photovoltaics in China - the market is analyzed through a market profile, industry chain and scale for PV power in China, industry structure, industry features, raw material and primary industries, crystalline silicon PV cell industry in China, thin film solar cell industry in China, role of the public sector in the industry, cost of PV products in China, and much more.
- We also analyze the market for PV products through cells and modules technology, production equipment and capacity, batteries, power inverters, and controllers.
- Export of PV products, demand and supply scenario, and the market for PV manufacturing equipment is analyzed in the report.
- Solar PV market segment analyzed in this report include Building Integrated PV, module manufacturing, polycrystalline silicon industry, crystalline silicon ingot manufacturing, crystalline silicon solar cell manufacturing, amorphous silicon solar cell manufacturing, and the module encapsulation industry.
- China's innovation in the photovoltaic industry is analyzed including the importance of PV patents, innovation in cells and modules, materials for thin film PV cells, and the disadvantages of PV production in China are looked at.
- We analyze the market for Concentrated Solar Power in China including an analysis of the present market, manufacturing capacity, solar thermal power technology development, and the future potential of CSP in China.
- The market for solar water heating in China is analyzed. We undertake a market analysis, technical analysis of integrated water heaters, flat plate water heaters, and evacuated tube water heaters. Economics of solar water heating and the issues facing the industry are also discussed.
- We carry out a comparison of the solar markets in Taiwan and China and how the solar manufacturers based in Taiwan are gaining market share in China.
- Investment profile of solar projects in China are analyzed through initial investment cost, estimated output and estimated generation costs.
- Business models of solar companies operating in China are analyzed and how the government is providing incentives to promote the growth of Chinese manufacturers.
- Major players such as JA Solar, China Sunergy, DelSolar, LDK Solar, Motech Solar, and others are profiled in the report.
Taiyou Research’s cutting-edge analysis of the Chinese Solar Power Industry is an ideal guide for investing in this market, as well as getting an in-depth knowledge of the entire solar power market in China. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Chapter 1: Renewable Energy in China
1. Why China Needs Renewable Energy?
1.2 Energy Security for China
1.3 Increasing Competitive Pressure on Domestic Energy Markets
1.4 Impact of Fossil Fuels
1.5 Economic Impact of Renewables
2. China Renewable Energy Market
2.1 Market Profile
2.2 Market Statistics
2.3 Market Segmentation
2.4 Competition in the Industry
2.5 Growth of Renewable Energy in China
2.6 China Leads the World in Renewables
2.6.2 Smart Meters
2.6.3 Smart Grid
2.6.5 High-Speed Rail
2.6.6 Municipal Wastewater Treatment
2.7 China’s Renewable Energy Goal
2.8 Competitive Landscape
2.9 Major Government Players
3. China’s 12th Five-Year Plan & Development of Renewable Energy
3.2 Crucial Developments of the 12th Five-Year Plan
3.2.1 Developing Water Infrastructure
3.2.2 Improving Energy Efficiency
3.2.3 Targets on Fuel-Efficiency and Alternative Fuels
3.2.4 Role of Green Targets
3.2.5 Aligning Provincial and National Goals
3.2.6 Economy Goals
3.2.7 Regulatory Framework
3.2.8 Energy and Environmental Taxes
3.2.9 Pricing Reforms
4. Factors Impacting the Renewable Energy Industry in China
4.1 Energy Security
4.2 Issues with Water & Food Supply
4.3 Environmental Barriers
4.4 Investment Targets and Incentives
5. Market Drivers
5.2 Liquid Fuel Shortage and Dependency on Imports
5.3 Environmental Concerns
5.4 Important Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions
6. China’s 40-45% Carbon Intensity Reduction Target for 2020
6.2 Evaluating the Option for Carbon Tax
7. Market Outlook: China Renewable Energy Industry
Chapter 2: China Solar Power Market
1. China’s Solar Potential
1.1 Why China Needs Solar Power?
1.2 Market for Solar Power in China
1.3 Solar Resources
1.4 Profitability of the Solar Power Sector
1.5 Solar Power Installations
1.6 Development of Feed-in-Tariffs for Solar Power
1.7 Renewable Energy Law Driving Solar Power
1.8 Rural Electrification Program and Solar Power
1.9 Innovation in the Industry
1.10 Profile of Chinese Solar Power Projects
2. Solar Potential in the Regions
2.1 Solar Radiation Resources
2.2 National Average Level of Solar Radiation Resources
2.3 Eastern China
2.4 Western China
3. Regulatory Framework for Solar Power in China
3.1 Solar Power Regulations
3.2 Investment Incentives
4. Solar PV Market in China
4.1 Market Profile
4.2 Market Developments
4.3 Industry Chain and Scale for PV Power
4.4 Industry Structure
4.5 Industry Features
4.6 Raw Material and Primary Industries
4.7 Crystalline Silicon PV Cell Industry
4.7.2 Dominance of Crystalline Silicon (c-Si) PV Panels
4.8 Thin Film Solar Cell Industry
4.9 Role of the Public Sector
4.10 Cost of PV Products
4.10.1 Small Production Scale
4.10.2 Non-standard System Design and Uneven Quality Control
4.10.3 Battery Problems
4.11 Market for PV Products
4.11.1 Cells and Modules Technology
4.11.2 Production Equipment and Capacity
4.11.4 Power Inverter
4.12 Export of PV Products
4.13 Lowering the Prices of Photovoltaic Systems
4.14 Demand and Supply Scenario
4.15 Market for PV Manufacturing Equipment
4.16 China: A Global Force in the Solar Energy Market
5. Solar PV Market Segments
5.1 Building Integrated Photovoltaics in China
5.2 Module Manufacturing
5.3 Polycrystalline Silicon Industry
5.4 Crystalline Silicon Ingot Manufacturing Industry
5.5 Crystalline Silicon Solar Cell Manufacturing Industry
5.6 Amorphous Silicon Solar Cell Manufacturing Industry
5.7 Module Encapsulation Industry
6. China’s Innovation in the PV Industry
6.2 PV Patents
6.3 Innovation in Cells and Modules
6.4 Silicon Production, Ingot and Wafer Manufacturing
6.5 Materials for Thin Film PV Cells in China
6.5.1 Amorphous Silicon
6.5.2 Cadmium Telluride
6.6 Disadvantages of PV Production in China
7. Concentrated Solar Power in China
7.2 History of CSP in China
7.3 Present Market for CSP
7.4 Manufacturing Capacity
7.5 Solar Thermal Power Technology Development Process in China
7.6 Case Study: Beijing 1 MW Central Tower Demo Project
7.7 Developing Plan for China’s CSP
7.8 Future Potential of CSP in China
8. Solar Water Heating Market in China
8.2 Market Profile
8.3 Technical Analysis
8.3.1 Integrated Water Heaters
8.3.2 Flat Plate Water Heater
8.3.3 Evacuated Tube Water Heater
8.4 Economics of Solar Water Heating
8.5 Energy Displacement through Solar Water Heating
8.6 Issues Facing the Industry
8.6.1 Product Quality
8.6.2 Servicing & Maintenance
9. Comparing Solar Power in Taiwan and China
9.2 Competition between Manufacturers
9.3 Revenue Analysis of Taiwanese Manufacturers
9.4 Export Market
10. Investment Profile of Chinese Solar Projects
10.1 Initial Investment Cost
10.2 Estimated Output
10.3 Estimating Generation Costs
11. Business Models of Chinese Solar Companies
11.1 Business Models
11.2 Cost Advantage for Chinese Companies
11.3 Government Incentives Driving Growth of Chinese Manufacturers
12. Major Players
12.1 Anwell Technologies
12.2 Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc
12.3 Canadian Solar
12.4 China Sunergy
12.7 Evergreen Solar
12.8 First Solar, Inc
12.9 Global Solar
12.10 HelioVolt Corporation
12.11 JA Solar
12.12 Konarka Technologies, Inc
12.13 LDK Solar
12.14 Motech Solar
12.16 Odersun AG
12.18 Solibro GmbH
12.20 Suntech Power Holdings
12.21 Trina Solar
12.22 United Solar Ovonic LLC
Chapter 3: Conclusion
- Anwell Technologies
- Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc
- Canadian Solar
- China Sunergy
- Evergreen Solar
- First Solar, Inc
- Global Solar
- HelioVolt Corporation
- JA Solar
- Konarka Technologies, Inc
- LDK Solar
- Motech Solar
- Odersun AG
- Solibro GmbH
- Suntech Power Holdings
- Trina Solar
- United Solar Ovonic LLC