Global Biocides Report - 2016
- ID: 2509848
- March 2016
- Region: Global
- 600 Pages +
- Biocide Information Limited
This report provides in depth information on the market for biocide products within consumer and industrial applications. It includes detailed market analyses, value chains for each of the 20 applications for biocides and discussions of industry trends. It assesses the impact of current and emerging regulations on the biocides used. The report develops forecasts for Biocides from 2017 through 2022. It discusses the efforts of biocide manufacturers and formulators in launching new biocide formulations to meet changing market requirements, for example build up of resistance, lower costs, regulations.
The report also provides an overview of 20 enduser applications for biocides and data on each of the major geographical regions. It provides value and volume data for different biocides. In addition, the report provides a summary of each of the biocides that are being used to control microbes and insects within consumer and industrial applications. Industry influences on the biocides market are also discussed along with regulatory and technical requirements.
The scope of the study is worldwide. The overview section provides extended definitions of the biocides to provide the reader with a clear understanding of the technology involved. In addition, this section provides an analysis of biocide consumption by application and region. There is a profile of an ideal biocide as outlined by endusers.
The company profiles section includes a detailed discussion of the companies that have pioneered biocide development and examines how their available products and services are setting the standards for preservation.
The base year for this study is 2015. Figures are based on revenue figures at the manufacturers' level and are projected at 2015-U.S. dollar value.
- To provide Marketing data on biocides, major biocide applications, suppliers and customers.
- To identify and analyse the trends taking place within the biocide industry.
Contents of Study:
- Comprehensive overview of 20 end-user applications and Biocides used.
- Biocide consumption for each end-user application
- Biocide consumption for each geographical region
- Margin analysis for Biocides at each level along supply chain.
- Distribution analysis for Biocides
- Consumption of Biocides expressed at manufacture level and end-user level.
- Pricing of Biocides by geographical region
- Biocide supplier analysis and profile of the leading players
- Expected Growth of the global Biocides Industry
- 600+ pages
This report includes application sector strategic analysis including:
- Industry Overview
- Biocide comparison and market shares
- Evolution and adoption of trends
- Leading suppliers and distribution channels
- Increased Regulatory Impact on Business and Technology
- End-user analysis and what biocides they are using
- Licensing Deals
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- More than 300 in-depth interviews with end-users, suppliers and formulators.
- Other sources of information, e.g., Monthly Biocides Information Report, industry associations.
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1.1 Market Dimensions by Application
1.2 Market Dimensions by Region
1.3 Requirements of a New Biocide
1.4 Distribution System
1.5 Suppliers of Biocides to End-Users
1.6 Expected Growth of the Global Biocides Industry
2. Introduction & Methodology
2.3 Accuracy of the information
3. Applications Analysis Overview
3.1 Biocides In Antifouling Paints
Biocides In Antifouling Paints - Americas
Biocides In Antifouling Paints - Europe
Biocides In Antifouling Paints - Asia Pacific
3.2 Biocides In Antifouling Paints
Biocides In Antifouling - Americas
Biocides In Antifouling - Europe
Biocides In Antifouling - Asia Pacific
3.3 Biocides In Antiseptics & Soaps
Biocides In Antiseptics & Soaps - Americas
Biocides In Antiseptics & Soaps - Europe
Biocides In Antiseptics & Soaps - Asia Pacific
3.4 Biocides In Disinfection & Surface Care
Biocides In Disinfection & Surface Care - Americas
Biocides In Disinfection & Surface Care - Europe
Biocides In Disinfection & Surface Care - Asia Pacific
3.5 Biocides In Inks
Biocides In Inks - Americas
Biocides In Inks - Europe
Biocides In Inks - Asia Pacific
3.6 Biocides In Leather
Biocides In Leather - Americas
Biocides In Leather - Europe
Biocides In Leather - Asia Pacific
3.7 Biocides In Metalworking Fluids
Biocides In Metalworking Fluids - Americas
Biocides In Metalworking Fluids - Europe
Biocides In Metalworking Fluids - Asia Pacific
3.8 Biocides In Mineral Slurries
Biocides In Mineral Slurries - Americas
Biocides In Mineral Slurries - Europe
Biocides In Mineral Slurries - Asia Pacific
3.9 Biocides In Paints
Biocides In Paints - Americas
Biocides In Paints - Europe
Biocides In Paints - Asia Pacific
3.10 Biocides In Paper
Biocides In Paper - Americas
Biocides In Paper - Europe
Biocides In Paper - Asia Pacific
3.11 Biocides In Personal Care
Biocides In Personal Care - Americas
Biocides In Personal Care - Europe
Biocides In Personal Care - Asia Pacific
3.12 Biocides In Petroleum
Biocides In Petroleum - Americas
Biocides In Petroleum - Europe
Biocides In Petroleum - Asia Pacific
3.13 Biocides In Plastics
Biocides In Plastics - Americas
Biocides In Plastics - Europe
Biocides In Plastics - Asia Pacific
3.14 Biocides In Polymer Emulsions
Biocides In Polymmer Emulsions - Americas
Biocides In Polymmer Emulsions - Europe
Biocides In Polymmer Emulsions - Asia Pacific
3.15 Biocides In Recreational Water
Biocides In Recreational Water - Americas
Biocides In Recreational Water - Europe
Biocides In Recreational Water - Asia Pacific
3.16 Biocides In Sterilants
Biocides In Sterilants - Americas
Biocides In Sterilants - Europe
Biocides In Sterilants - Asia Pacific
3.17 Biocides In Textiles
Biocides In Textiles - Americas
Biocides In Textiles - Europe
Biocides In Textiles - Asia Pacific
3.18 Biocides In Water Treatment
Biocides In Water Treatment - Americas
Biocides In Water Treatment - Europe
Biocides In Water Treatment - Asia Pacific
3.19 Biocides In Wood Preservatives
Biocides In Wood Preservatives - Americas
Biocides In Wood Preservatives - Europe
Biocides In Wood Preservatives - Asia Pacific
The global Biocide consumption is estimated at $ 6.7 billion at active manufacture level and $ 11 billion at formulated level in 2015. The main factors affecting the Biocides industry are: (1) increased construction growth (2) industrialization in emerging markets (3) lowering of VOC's in end-products and (4) growing hygiene awareness.
- Biocides market growth in Europe, Japan and North America is estimated at 1%, 0% and 2% respectively. The developing regions are forecasted to grow 4 %.
- In recent years, Asia has enjoyed remarkable economic progress with increasing demand in construction, packaging, transportation and consumer products industries. These in turn are driving growth of key end-use industries such as paints and coatings, adhesive and sealants and synthetic latex polymers. Consequently, the Biocide preservation applications are leading market demand, accounting for the largest consumption of speciality Biocides in both volume and value terms. Water based adhesives and paints are enjoying fast growth due to the low volatile organic compound (VOC) emission trend which is gaining momentum. The rapid rate of urbanisation as well as growing awareness about the importance of effective sanitisers, in combination with growing disposable income contributes to growth in consumption in hygiene applications. Hygiene applications are the second biggest end-use industry. The water treatment industry will also witness healthy economic growth due to the increasing number of new power plants and heavy industries. While isothiazolinones lead the market by value, other important Biocides include chlorhexidine, DBNPA, glutaraldehyde, IPBC, peracetic acid, PHMB, Quats, Silver and Zinc Pyrithione.
- The Biocides industry is governed by end industry growth, technological developments, regulatory changes and the growing usage of industry standards.
- The author analyses each of these developments by specific end-user industry and their likely impact, according to three geographical areas (America, Asia Pacific and Europe). In addition, the Global Biocides Report provides detailed marketing data regarding Biocides, major applications, suppliers and customers.
|Question||What countries are covered in this report?|
The following companies are covered for Asia Pacific:
Republic of China (Taiwan),
United Arab Emirates,